The Guardian's top 50 albums of 2023

They're up to 6 I think...
And yes LDR is of course there :disco:

I'm having a bed Sunday with Lemsip and this playlist. Loving it so far.

Good to see Loraine James in there and the Blur album deserves its high placing, a genuine late-period masterpiece.

The Blur album was excellent indeee and probably my favourite of theirs since 13.

Already discovered CMAT and Gina Birch thanks to the playlist so I’m grateful.

I don’t generally like critics lists but I think this is pretty good

I saw CMAT live here just over a month ago. It was an acoustic gig but she was pretty captivating.

This list is pretty good. I completely forgot Blur and Paramore had released new albums, I must give them a listen.

Great to see EBTG, Kylie and Kali Uchis on there. Based on that list I need to go away and listen to Lemon Twigs and Loraine James, and I can't believe I haven't gotten round to the Eddie Chacon or Romy albums yet :(

Jessie Ware got a mention in the Janelle Monae write up... I wonder if she's Top 5...

Great to see EBTG, Kylie and Kali Uchis on there. Based on that list I need to go away and listen to Lemon Twigs and Loraine James, and I can't believe I haven't gotten round to the Eddie Chacon or Romy albums yet :(
I've been a fan of Loraine James for a while and this is certainly her most accessible album to date but she's done this without compromise, which is impressive of itself.

Amaarae :disco: so good to see her owning all these year end top 10 lists. Fountain Baby was my #2.

49 Romy - Mid Air
41 Fever Ray - Radical Romantics
24 Kylie - Tension
23 Kali Uchis - Red Moon in Venus
13 Troye Sivan - Something to Give Each Other
10 Olivia Rodrigo - Guts
09 Amaarae - Fountain Baby
06 Lana Del Rey - Did You Know...
04 Jessie Ware - That! Feels Good!
03 Caroline Polachek - Desire...

my picks from the full list (Romy absurdly low). the critics are such pop girlies these days.

I'm going to have to hear this Lankum album now - too many people going nuts over it. I picked up the Young Fathers about a fortnight ago and it is very good, I must say. There's a lot going on so it takes a few listens to unpack.

Yeah I’ve not heard the Lankum album either. Will give it a stream today

My album of the year is between SZA and Chappell Roan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom