The Killers ‘Your side of town’

LTZ

User
This has become my favorite Killers song since When you were young and as far as I can see there’s not even a thread for this on here

It has been discussed in the 'boy' thread here . Fair to say a mixed reaction, though I have come round to it despite the rather overzealous use of vocal effects.

The current Flowers mood is apparently no more big pop songs (though we were meant to be getting some kind of EP) so I guess make the most of it.

Reactions: LTZ
Yeah I came round to it too... I enjoy it now if it comes on, but the verses are so much better than that noisy chorus. Not quite up there with more recent stuff.

• Care
EP apparently not happening. They are going with another best of with just the one new song:

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-killers-announce-greatest-hits-album-featuring-new-song-spirit/

01 Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
02 Mr. Brightside
03 All These Things That I’ve Done
04 Somebody Told Me
05 When You Were Young
06 Read My Mind
07 Human
08 Spaceman
09 A Dustland Fairytale
10 Runaways
11 Be Still
12 The Man
13 Caution
14 My Own Soul’s Warning
15 Dying Breed
16 Pressure Machine
17 Quiet Town
18 Boy
19 Your Side of Town
20 Spirit

EP apparently not happening. They are going with another best of with just the one new song:

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-killers-announce-greatest-hits-album-featuring-new-song-spirit/

02 Mr. Brightside
04 Somebody Told Me
05 When You Were Young
06 Read My Mind
07 Human
08 Spaceman
09 A Dustland Fairytale
10 Runaways
11 Be Still
12 The Man
13 Caution
14 My Own Soul’s Warning
15 Dying Breed
16 Pressure Machine
17 Quiet Town
18 Boy
19 Your Side of Town
20 Spirit
What an absolutely flawless list this is .. they’re still such a brilliant band

:D I honestly thought your caption was a pisstake until I watched the video

I am looking forward to Coldplay revealing that Viva La Vida was recorded in tribute to Scatman John

02 Mr. Brightside
04 Somebody Told Me
05 When You Were Young
06 Read My Mind
07 Human
08 Spaceman
09 A Dustland Fairytale
10 Runaways
11 Be Still
12 The Man
13 Caution
14 My Own Soul’s Warning
15 Dying Breed
16 Pressure Machine
17 Quiet Town
18 Boy
19 Your Side of Town
20 Spirit
What no Smile like you mean it or Bones??

Id rather they'd left off Mr. Brightside. I'm so sick of that song.

The new best of is number one in the midweeks.

The other new song does have a bit of an AI hits of The Killers melting pot about it:

That sounds like an Underworld song. Not a very good one, mind.

Those verses really are pure Born Slippy. Not sure if I love or hate the song yet, but I feel it'll go one of those ways.

I like how I know and love songs 1-9 on the tracklist, but then could not even hum tracks 10-19 (other than Boy, which is great)

I genuinely HATE when Greatest Hits/Best Of collections don't use the Radio/Single Edits at all, poor Spaceman and the Miss Atomic Bomb snub is disgusting.

I also forgot that A Shot At The Night, which was lovely, was THE single from their last GH :( It's a shame it wasn't shoehorned somewhere here.

I genuinely HATE when Greatest Hits/Best Of collections don't use the Radio/Single Edits at all, poor Spaceman and the Miss Atomic Bomb snub is disgusting.

I also forgot that A Shot At The Night, which was lovely, was THE single from their last GH :( It's a shame it wasn't shoehorned somewhere here.

They still play it live (unlike Bones) so it is a strange omission.

Another new (non-festive) song on their social media but not streaming:

I think it is a bit of a shame they didn't carry on with their The Killers in ridiculously OTT mode album, or at least give us the EP as planned.

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom