The Lighthouse Family

Halli

DJ PATSY PALMER
I'm hopeful that she may overtake the presumably quite frontloaded Lighthouse Family (I mean, who in their right mind?) and sneak #2. And definitely not get overtaken by the Killers.

Slightly OT: But I I noticed Lighthouse family are releasing a brand new album, with ALL their Greatest Hits tagged on the back. Is this a new THING?

Kalabaliken

Pop Precision Since 1978
Slightly OT: But I I noticed Lighthouse family are releasing a brand new album, with ALL their Greatest Hits tagged on the back. Is this a new THING?

Yes, it seems to be - Olly Murs and Dolly Parton have done it recently.

Ag

User
The Lighthouse Family? What year is it?
Nostalgia is a dangerous thing. I often note that some youngsters on my Spotify friend list play the Lighthouse Family. Somehow I suspect that being bland in 1996 is utterly irrelevant in 2019, when it's on an old school soul or summer evening playlist.

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
I wonder if the Lighthouse Family ever took part in drug fuelled group sex?

Well, they're not a family and they don't live in a lighthouse so I wouldn't put anything past the untrustworthy bastards.

SDF

We're all Angles in Chainz
Dolly done it a few years ago too after Glastonbury

Ag

User
'Cause they can get FISTED, FISTED, FISTED
They can get FISTED
From the shadows, FISTED
Oh they can get, FISTED up today
FISTED all the way, you and I forever
Baby, FISTED, FISTED, FISTED, hey

Halli

DJ PATSY PALMER
I bloody love the Lighthouse Family's big hits - Ocean Drive, Lifted, Lost in Space. YEAH AND WHAT! :D

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
The only amazing thing about the Lighthouse Family is that the big French supermarket Auchan’s delivery service is rather ingeniously called Auchan Drive... :D

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I only really remember High, Lifted and Ocean Drive.

I don't dislike their songs in a radio fodder kind of way. But I always found his voice utterly bland and soulless.

Rita

User
They really were pretty HUGE in the UK. Both their first and second album went 6x platinum.

Pipo

Welcome to Chromatica (Wigs not allowed)
I don't dislike their songs in a radio fodder kind of way. But I always found his voice utterly bland and soulless.

When Simon Webbe (who?) went solo, I always found him to be some sort of a Lighthouse Family extension aimed at the same market.

Pipo

I forgot how MUCH I LOVED "I Wish..." at the time :shy: :disco:

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
I don't object to the occasional Lighthouse Family song on the radio, but I can't imagine why anybody would want a full album of their material.

Ag

User
Raincloud is fucking terrible. Like a Todd Terry remix of lift music and not in a good way.

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
I can't imagine why anybody would want a full album of their material.

The sounds distract their two remaining brain cells in much the same way that shiny things do. Hence their popularity during the peak CD era.

Diddy

Rice Queen
I guess I’m deep in my 30s now, I’m feeling quite nostalgic for 90s dinner party background music. I thought M People missed a trick not staging a comeback when Jess Glynne was big.

I quite like Lighthouse Family...

I mean it’s not like it’s Wet Wet Wet or anything.

What’s your favourite Simply Red song?

Ag

User
What’s your favourite Simply Red song?
You know I've been getting into some bland 90s shit. However I can't stand Simply Red, although Fairground was a BANGER. Got back into Gabrielle and dancey M People in the last couple of years.

Diddy

Rice Queen
You know I've been getting into some bland 90s shit. However I can't stand Simply Red, although Fairground was a BANGER. Got back into Gabrielle and dancey M People in the last couple of years.

Yeah that pretty much sums up Simply Red for me. Mick Hucknall was so unlikeable (see also Marti Pellow, Jay Kay...)

I just threw out the question on purpose, wasn’t there some thread about it a few years back that set you off or something? :D

Pipo

I just threw out the question on purpose, wasn’t there some thread about it a few years back that set you off or something? :D

started by Orthodontics7/OBvious7 OF COURSE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom