The Lighthouse Family

Halli

Helen (Helz) from Saturday Kitchen.
I'm hopeful that she may overtake the presumably quite frontloaded Lighthouse Family (I mean, who in their right mind?) and sneak #2. And definitely not get overtaken by the Killers.

Slightly OT: But I I noticed Lighthouse family are releasing a brand new album, with ALL their Greatest Hits tagged on the back. Is this a new THING?

The Lighthouse Family? What year is it?
Nostalgia is a dangerous thing. I often note that some youngsters on my Spotify friend list play the Lighthouse Family. Somehow I suspect that being bland in 1996 is utterly irrelevant in 2019, when it's on an old school soul or summer evening playlist.

I wonder if the Lighthouse Family ever took part in drug fuelled group sex?

Well, they're not a family and they don't live in a lighthouse so I wouldn't put anything past the untrustworthy bastards.

Slightly OT: But I I noticed Lighthouse family are releasing a brand new album, with ALL their Greatest Hits tagged on the back. Is this a new THING?

I suppose the big one that comes to mind was MJ’s History

Dolly done it a few years ago too after Glastonbury

'Cause they can get FISTED, FISTED, FISTED
They can get FISTED
From the shadows, FISTED
Oh they can get, FISTED up today
FISTED all the way, you and I forever
Baby, FISTED, FISTED, FISTED, hey

The only amazing thing about the Lighthouse Family is that the big French supermarket Auchan’s delivery service is rather ingeniously called Auchan Drive... :D

I only really remember High, Lifted and Ocean Drive.

I don't dislike their songs in a radio fodder kind of way. But I always found his voice utterly bland and soulless.

They really were pretty HUGE in the UK. Both their first and second album went 6x platinum.

I don't dislike their songs in a radio fodder kind of way. But I always found his voice utterly bland and soulless.

When Simon Webbe (who?) went solo, I always found him to be some sort of a Lighthouse Family extension aimed at the same market.

I don't object to the occasional Lighthouse Family song on the radio, but I can't imagine why anybody would want a full album of their material.

Raincloud is fucking terrible. Like a Todd Terry remix of lift music and not in a good way.

I can't imagine why anybody would want a full album of their material.

The sounds distract their two remaining brain cells in much the same way that shiny things do. Hence their popularity during the peak CD era.

I guess I’m deep in my 30s now, I’m feeling quite nostalgic for 90s dinner party background music. I thought M People missed a trick not staging a comeback when Jess Glynne was big.

I quite like Lighthouse Family...

I mean it’s not like it’s Wet Wet Wet or anything.

What’s your favourite Simply Red song?

What’s your favourite Simply Red song?
You know I've been getting into some bland 90s shit. However I can't stand Simply Red, although Fairground was a BANGER. Got back into Gabrielle and dancey M People in the last couple of years.

You know I've been getting into some bland 90s shit. However I can't stand Simply Red, although Fairground was a BANGER. Got back into Gabrielle and dancey M People in the last couple of years.

Yeah that pretty much sums up Simply Red for me. Mick Hucknall was so unlikeable (see also Marti Pellow, Jay Kay...)

I just threw out the question on purpose, wasn’t there some thread about it a few years back that set you off or something? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom