The Lighthouse

Seagulls out of 10?

• Total voters

Peekaboo

User
Is this too masc for Moopy?

I really rate this although it's more of an ENDURANCE TEST than a film you enjoy. It reminded me a lot of Eraserhead not just in terms of low budget vibes and stylistic choices but also for the DESCENT INTO HELL that the last act of the film becomes.

Pattison was a bit AM DRAM at moments but he mostly held his own against Dafoe in what essentially is a two-hander. You also get to see him wanking into a bucket, so there's that if you're that way inclined. A solid 8 for me.

Saw this last night. It was a bit MUCH, but on the whole I enjoyed it in all its ludicrousness.

Pattison was all over the place (what WAS that accent?! :D) but it kind of fit with the general insanity of the film. Willam Defoe absolutely should have been Oscar nominated for his portrayal of the Sea Captain from The Simpsons.

I always find that weirdly intense angry-wanking you only ever seem to see in films like this really hard to watch. I can't help but imagine the CHAFING :gross:

I appreciated this as an experience, but didn’t love it. Probably would have loved it if it was about lady lighthouse keepers but men have a limited appeal.

Reactions: VoR
Oh this is definitely on my listette. Twilight boy is getting the best reviews of his career isn't he?

This was shit, I was bored to tears. This and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood were the worst 2019 films I saw at the cinema. I really didn't see the point of it, and apart from the cinematography and Dafoe I didn't enjoy anything about it. Maybe I'm just sick of the
unreliable narrator stick. Other films have done it better.

liked it, did you, @VoR? live it out! apply to be the only attendee at this year's corona-safe Göteborg Film Festival :D

Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom