The MADAME Lounge

The Polanski case is fascinating (from a LEGAL PERSPECTIVE) and I think is worth discussing but if we are going to TARNISH MADAME with this we should do it with every single other person who has expressed support for Polanski and then you'd have to PRETTY MUCH DELETE the film forum:

Fatih Akin
Stephane Allagnon
Woody Allen
Pedro Almodovar
Wes Anderson
Jean-Jacques Annaud
Alexandre Arcady
Fanny Ardant
Asia Argento
Darren Aronofsky
Olivier Assayas
Alexander Astruc
Gabriel Auer
Luc Barnier
Christophe Barratier
Xavier Beauvois
Liria Begeja
Gilles Behat
Jean-Jacques Beineix
Marco Bellochio
Monica Bellucci
Djamel Bennecib
Giuseppe Bertolucci
Patrick Bouchitey
Paul Boujenah
Jacques Bral
Patrick Braoudé
Andre Buytaers
Christian Carion
Henning Carlsen
Jean-Michel Carre
Patrice Chereau
Elie Chouraqui
Souleymane Cisse
Alain Corneau
Jerome Cornuau
Miguel Courtois
Dominique Crevecoeur
Alfonso Cuaron
Luc et Jean-Pierre Dardenne
Jonathan Demme
Alexandre Desplat
Rosalinde et Michel Deville
Georges Dybman
Jacques Fansten
Joël Farges
Gianluca Farinelli
Jacques Fansten
Etienne Faure
Michel Ferry
Scott Foundas
Stephen Frears
Thierry Fremaux
Sam Gabarski
René Gainville
Tony Gatlif
Costa Gavras
Jean-Marc Ghanassia
Terry Gilliam
Christian Gion
Marc Guidoni
Buck Henry
David Heyman
Laurent Heynemann
Robert Hossein
Jean-Loup Hubert
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
Gilles Jacob
Just Jaeckin
Alain Jessua
Pierre Jolivet
Kent Jones
Roger Kahane,
Nelly Kaplan
Wong Kar Waï
Ladislas Kijno
Harmony Korine
Jan Kounen
Diane Kurys
Emir Kusturica
John Landis
Claude Lanzmann
André Larquié
Vinciane Lecocq
Patrice Leconte
Claude Lelouch
Gérard Lenne
David Lynch
Michael Mann
François Margolin
Jean-Pierre Marois
Tonie Marshall
Mario Martone
Nicolas Mauvernay
Radu Mihaileanu
Claude Miller
Mario Monicelli
Jeanne Moreau
Sandra Nicolier
Michel Ocelot
Alexander Payne
Richard Pena
Michele Placido
Philippe Radault
Jean-Paul Rappeneau
Raphael Rebibo
Yasmina Reza
Jacques Richard
Laurence Roulet
Walter Salles
Jean-Paul Salomé
Marc Sandberg
Jerry Schatzberg
Julian Schnabel
Barbet Schroeder
Ettore Scola
Martin Scorsese
Charlotte Silvera
Abderrahmane Sissako
Paolo Sorrentino
Guillaume Stirn
Tilda Swinton
Jean-Charles Tacchella
Radovan Tadic
Danis Tanovic
Bertrand Tavernier
Cécile Telerman
Alain Terzian
Pascal Thomas
Giuseppe Tornatore
Serge Toubiana
Nadine Trintignant
Tom Tykwer
Alexandre Tylski
Betrand Van Effenterre
Wim Wenders
They're dropping like flies really. But having a whole lot of artists supporting a child rapist doesn't make it ok in any shape or form. I don't get the argument here.

No one is saying Pedro Almodóvar signing his release petition makes child rape okay... what I was (half-jokingly) objecting to is you CRASHING into our MADAME LOUNGE to make us HATE her when she's hardly the first person to talk in support of Polanski.

If you want to discuss the actual point of Polanski, I think what me and Zu-Klara are trying to articulate is that he is MORE than a child rapist and that nothing is BLACK AND WHITE. Cancel culture striking people off FOREVER for one thing, however terrible that thing was, is not the solution to ANYTHING (in my opinion).

Reactions: Zu
Kieślowski is my favourite director and I’m now wondering whether discovering sordid secrets about his past lust for nubile teens and what not would put me off watching his films again. Probably not (just to add to my reputation of being a filthy libertine)

Mind you, Coil are one of my favourite bands ever and they were sexually problematic to say the VERY least. Obviously I’m quite adept at separating the creator from the created, not to mention being obviously entirely willing to do so. Just call me MADAME

I've enjoyed cakes and pastries more than I've ever enjoyed a Roman Polanski movie.

Well, possibly except for Bitter Moon, but that's because I wanked someone off in the back of the Plymouth Odeon while we were watching it.

No one is saying Pedro Almodóvar signing his release petition makes child rape okay... what I was (half-jokingly) objecting to is you CRASHING into our MADAME LOUNGE to make us HATE her when she's hardly the first person to talk in support of Polanski.

If you want to discuss the actual point of Polanski, I think what me and Zu-Klara are trying to articulate is that he is MORE than a child rapist and that nothing is BLACK AND WHITE. Cancel culture striking people off FOREVER for one thing, however terrible that thing was, is not the solution to ANYTHING (in my opinion).

Oh I'm alright with splitting this to discuss Polanski elsewhere, but I'm still including your MADAME and that horde of child rape supporters.

This has nothing to do with cancel culture really, Polanski didn't just refuse to take a selfie with a fan, he was convicted and never served his term. We're talking about an actual criminal here.

Is Weinstein an artist? :eyes:

I was wondering whether we’d get onto him... No, absolutely not. And also - changing the subject slightly - I would like to emphasise that I absolutely do not condone any of his crimes, although I’d hope that that would go without saying. However what I would say - and this has definitely informed my sometimes less than savoury posts on the matter - is that I wonder whether the (otherwise totally justified) horror about his behaviour would have been quite as great had he not been so (supposedly) “fat and ugly”

I've enjoyed cakes and pastries more than I've ever enjoyed a Roman Polanski movie.

Well, possibly except for Bitter Moon, but that's because I wanked someone off in the back of the Plymouth Odeon while we were watching it.

:D Darling you’ve obviously never seen ‘Repulsion’. Quite the giggle :disco:

@Dark Carnival I don’t think you can really describe everyone on that list as “child rape supporters”. No-one is saying HIP HIP HOORAH FOR CHILD RAPE (with the possible exception of Woody Allen :side-eye:)

However, :D at “your MADAME” :disco:

Well OBVIOUSLY The Glass Menagerie (along with life itself) was cancelled but I think we should cheer ourselves up with pictures of Madame looking fabulous. Post whatever you like as this is the MADAME lounge and ÉQUIPE MADAME rules apply, i.e. it doesn’t matter if we’ve seen it before because once is never enough :disco:

I’LL START

isabelle-huppert-eva-3.jpg

:disco::disco::disco:

I told a friend of mine the other day to watch Amateur because he likes black comedies and he replied the following day with: "WTF was that shit and why can't she ever star in a NORMAL film?" :disco:

Doing my bit under lockdown.

I told a friend of mine the other day to watch Amateur because he likes black comedies and he replied the following day with: "WTF was that shit and why can't she ever star in a NORMAL film?" :disco:

*adds to watch list*

omg!! :disco: Is it on my ALLEGEDLY STOLEN Netflix?

edit: no :( but it is on Amazon. Sorted

Last edited:
that cat can surely feel the icy current of vengeance rippling through its insides at Madame's touch, and it's NO SAINT ITSELF

Although that RACIST APP has turned her beautiful GINGER MANE into NON-DESCRIPT BROWN.

Actually I think we might have seen it before but get in here anyway! :disco:

I see that the film has been awarded a whopping 5.4 / 10 (:side-eye:) on IMDb mais ça m’est égal - il s’agit de MADAME :disco::disco::disco:

I hope you slip some BROKEN GLASS into her pocket next time you see that MAGGOT. :disco:

Look what I found (and bought) today (on vinyl) for a mere FIVE POUNDS AND NINETY NINE PENCE STERLING

61PuwIKMCtL._AC_UY218_.jpg

JE DIS OUI (not featured :()

It's what we DIDN'T KNOW we needed - a full album of MADAME breathing her PAPER-THIN voice over LUTE MUSIC from the XIIe siècle :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom