The Masked Singer

I hope it’s not another year until the next series (I can’t imagine it not getting one). The US are whizzing through theirs in the third season now.

The Masked Singer to replace X-Factor this autumn please.

I hope it’s not another year until the next series (I can’t imagine it not getting one). The US are whizzing through theirs in the third season now.

The Masked Singer to replace X-Factor this autumn please.

Obviously it'll come back but January/Feb is the best place for it. In autumn Strictly will cause it too many problems. But since X factor isn't returning it wouldn't surprise me if ITV shove out another one so quickly....

Yes I suppose Strictly is too strong, but what’s on over the Summer? Is that Britain’s Got Talent?

i still watch Strictly on and off, but gave up on all of the other Saturday night talent shows quite a few years ago. They became so samey and predictable.

Yes I suppose Strictly is too strong, but what’s on over the Summer? Is that Britain’s Got Talent?

i still watch Strictly on and off, but gave up on all of the other Saturday night talent shows quite a few years ago. They became so samey and predictable.

I think BGT starts in the next month or so and is usually finished up by May. I can’t actually think what is on throughout the Summer?

God I wish I still wore make up, Dainty Doll is going DIRT CHEAP on eBay these days :disco:

Reactions: Zu
Let's face it - this has been a proper hit and folk will be queuing up to be on it. It will be back this year, surely.

They don't have much else, I'm guessing Ninja Warrior and the likes of Catchphrase might might carry them along with The Voice Kids unless they come up with something new.

There is the Alan Carr gameshow thing but I think that's coming this Spring.

Weekend entertainment shows are generally weak and derivative now and it does feel like The Masked Singer has refreshed that. But I'd hate to see them rinse it dry so quickly and watch it get crushed by Strictly. I remember when I'm A Celebrity was on twice a year for awhile. Thankfully ITV had a rare moment of sense and nipped that in the bud..

That final song choice was very savvy of our Queen Bee.

Did Rita have it written into her contract that she was the only judge allowed to make sensible guesses?

ITV shouldn't be scared of taking on Strictly with the right show.

This is probably just the thinking of a deranged mind but I thought that Our Glorious Queen Of The Hive looked ever so slightly like Kate Bush :side-eye:

Oh actually maybe I’m thinking of Tori :side-eye:

Anyway her voice definitely works MUCH better with a ballad. Whole album of depressive, heart-wrenching gems please

Queen Nic won?! Get Universal on the phone immediately :disco:

Just light the first spark
And watch the fireworks explode
Boom, boom, baby
You've got a fast car
So why the hell we driving slow?
Zoom, zoom, zoom

:disco:

I was trying not to get my hopes up too much, expecting bloody Hedgehog to do it. Hooray for Nicola. Cinderella’s Eyes at 24 on itunes :D

I'm so pleased for Queen Nic, she absolutely deserved it. Her voice is on fire!

I really loved the show and am totally against the disease of saying "I don't watch The Masked Singer but..." that seems to have caught on quicker than coronavirus

Can anyone upload Cinderella's Eyes for me? I've given up trying to find it legally in Australia.

Oh actually maybe I’m thinking of Tori :side-eye:

Anyway her voice definitely works MUCH better with a ballad. Whole album of depressive, heart-wrenching gems please

Careful, no one needs 12 "Beautiful Cause You Love Me"s. One was too much.

Streaming Cinderella’s Eyes right now. :disco:

I actually forgot how good it was. I really hope she gets another chance with a major label after this.

Did anyone see that post-win interview with Nicola on This Morning? TBH I think she should do a Queen Bee album rather than appear as herself. Every third word was LIKE (a particular bête noire of mine) and there wasn’t really very much star quality :(

Actually it has to be said that she DOES have very lovely hair. Just give it a bit more va va voom next time please, Nicola. Mind you, she WAS being interviewed by the dreaded Ruth and Eamonn, which is enough to drain the life and hope out of anyone

I suppose we won’t be getting a second season of this in a hurry. Can’t really see the public regarding the concept of masks as an amusing novelty for at least another decade :(

Oh I thought you brought this back to comment the Thai version and Nathalia Pliacam rumoured as one of the singers :disco:

Reactions: Zu
I suppose we won’t be getting a second season of this in a hurry. Can’t really see the public regarding the concept of masks as an amusing novelty for at least another decade :(
I don't know, if anything I think they should hurry through a second series to keep the public pecker up. It's basically self-isolation: the musical, and I don't think it's humanly possible to be miserable while watching Reverend Kate Bottley performing I Fought The Law while dressed as a Womble.

If I can see a programme with the whole audience wearing masks is this.

Audience: TAKE IT OFF, TAKE IT OFF!
Internet Safety Crocodile Singer: NO guys, #besafe. And leaves the stage with the mask on :disco:

If I can see a programme with the whole audience wearing masks is this.

Audience: TAKE IT OFF, TAKE IT OFF!
Internet Safety Crocodile Singer: NO guys, #besafe. And leaves the stage with the mask on :disco:
Oh my God, Internet Safety Crocodile would be an AMAZING costume if we ever do The Masked Moopist.

Mo Gilligan replacing Ken Jeong for UK series two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom