Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I saw this last night on a whim (Nomadland was sold out) and I don't know whether it was that I've not seen a film of this calibre in the cinemas in a long long time or just that this last year has been a lot but this was brilliant, powerful and so engrossing. I wasn't expecting it but there were several people in the theatre crying towards the end (myself included).

Jodie was brilliant as is par for the course but Tahar Rahim was the standout, an absolutely sensational performance (really looking forward to watching him in The Serpent when it drops on Netflix).

I must say I was ignorant to a lot that's happened in this heinous detention facility, but it was an absolute brutal depiction of what went on there. The torture scenes were horrific and the epilogue text at the end revealed how a change to the Obama administration did not resolve this and they came out looking quite vile too, Hopefully Biden shuts down Guantanamo Bay ASAP and makes so sort of amends for this last 19 years.

Jodie is always MAGNETIC onscreen but the tone of that trailer was all over the shop ("I expected torture from my home country but not from the US!") and I would rather DIE than watch fucking Sherlock Holmes do a hokey American accent spouting ridiculously earnest speeches about morality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom