The Meaning of Mariah Carey by Mariah Carey (Mimi's Memoir) - SPOILERS abound!

How will you be experiencing The Meaning of Mariah Carey?

• Total voters
But I'm inclined to agree that it will be boringly diplomatic - at least as far as the industry and ex-husbands are concerned. I feel like she will be more candid about her upbringing and drug addict sibling(s) but we care less about that.

I'm with RS. I want as much as possible about her writing and the backstories to her albums and songs.

I bet it’s going to be really boring diplomatic bullshit.
It doesn't seem so!
"Carey's story is an improbable and inspiring journey of survival and resilience as she struggles through complex issues of race, identity, class, childhood, and family trauma during her meteoric rise to music superstardom.

"By pulling back the curtain on perceptions often told through the filtered lens of media, Carey bravely and beautifully walks through her battles with gender and power dynamics, emotional abuse, public embarrassments, personal failures, and phenomenal victories.

"In her own words and song lyrics, Carey reveals untold moments and intimate experiences along with anecdotes of sacred moments with iconic figures to craft an honest, unique, and vivid portrait of her extraordinary life."

Well they’re hardly going to say “Carey doesn’t spill any juice but does talk about how important the Lambily is to her and how spiritual guidance saved her soul when she became addicted to buying kittens”, is she?

I want insight/stories/info etc. on
  • Tommy Mottola marriage
  • Estranged sister
  • Millionaire ex-fiance drama
  • Eminem
  • Jennifer Lopez aka 'I don't know her' saga
  • Niki Minaj aka 'I thought she rapped or .. whatever' and 'not everyone has that.'
  • Madonna aka 'she's a legend and I'm happy for her' aka 'I liked her first album aka 'I really haven't paid attention to her since I was in the 7th grade, you know, when she used to be popular'

etc.

Don't forget her BROTHER. There's basically nothing on him.

Would be nice if she spoke about her Latin ancestry too.

From the press release we can expect:
  • family stuff
  • Tommy stuff
  • Glitter/breakdown stuff
  • New Year's Eve disaster stuff
I'm not sure I see Nicki/JLo/Eminem being addressed, but here's hoping

ALSO isn't it unusual for the co-writer's name to be so prominent on the cover of a memoir? The benevolence.

"Pull back the curtains" makes me picture a dramatic lifting up her fringe reveal to let us finally see how asymmetrical her beautiful moon face really is. Brave Mariah.

“...so I decided to turn up with an ice cream cart.”

I want insight/stories/info etc. on
  • Tommy Mottola marriage
  • Estranged sister
  • Millionaire ex-fiance drama
  • Eminem
  • Jennifer Lopez aka 'I don't know her' saga
  • Niki Minaj aka 'I thought she rapped or .. whatever' and 'not everyone has that.'
  • Madonna aka 'she's a legend and I'm happy for her' aka 'I liked her first album aka 'I really haven't paid attention to her since I was in the 7th grade, you know, when she used to be popular'

etc.

I love how you bothered with the first six points just to detract from the fact all you care about is the seventh...

I also think it's a bit much to expect her to debase herself by mentioning C-listers like Nicki Minaj or Jennifer Lopez. Of course, Marge might get a cursory mention, in a context-setting, she was big-at-the-time kind of way, but we prefer legends to mention legends only (Whitney, Prince, MJ, Da Brat, etc.)

I don't really want her to mention JLo. She told y'all several times that she DOESN'T KNOW HER.

It would very much be in Mariah's spirit to pay JLo and Nicki DUST.

The audacity of some queens giving a wishlist of topics to be covered like this is some cheap ass Powerpoint presentation

We will take what we are served by the Goddess Most High and we. will. stan.

I mean, absolutely

Since I acknowledge that two SG basically invented (ghostwritten) autobiographies I expect it to be on par with Geru's If Only with a bit of Mel Beh's Catch A Fire sprinkled over the top.

She's revealed the four parts the book is broken into...

PART I WAYWARD CHILD
PART II SING. SING.
PART III ALL THAT GLITTERS
PART IV EMANCIPATION

"Wayward Child", fuck off! It's not like you were in and out of juve.

Well it's a lyric of hers. And I would wager you know next to nothing about her childhood so be sure to pick up the book in stores Sept 29th :disco:

I think we both know that has the chance of happening as we have of you picking up the 3CD edition of The Fall's "Imperial Wax Solvent" on 30th October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom