The Meaning of Mariah Carey by Mariah Carey (Mimi's Memoir) - SPOILERS abound!

How will you be experiencing The Meaning of Mariah Carey?

• Total voters
The irony of Tommy being paranoid about her cheating, then agreeing for her to go out for the first time and she immediately falls in love with Derek Jeter and starts an affair. Like, literally the first time she went out.

Think it was in the Mariah Misc thread? Or maybe Rarities... fabulous nonetheless!

I've just been STRUCK by the extent to which Reflections (Care Enough) must be from her personal perspective... never thought about it at the time :(

Only realising the extent to which Derek is the subject of SWATHES of her post Butterfly stuff

Miss You popped up on shuffle yesterday and I was like YEP

Last edited:
Does the book mention the homeless drug addict prostitute sister who doesn’t even get a £1 Walmart voucher or beautiful embossed card on her birthday?

Would I wear it? No. But I quite like this t-shirt design

MCA104181_1800x1800.png

MCA104-v3_1800x1800.png

yeah i didn't mean what i said actually, it's so crap how could anyone like it haha

It feels weird being in this forum.

Anyway I finished this book as I will read any and every celebrity autobiography. I really enjoyed it and it captured her voice perfectly but I feel she spent more time talking about her fucking curtains in that mansion that she did her CHILDREN. Also absolute zip on Nick Cannon. What gives, lambs?

I also didn’t need more boring genealogy chat towards the end of the book when we could’ve have some HOT STELLA GOSS. Why was she omitted? I know she’s like ‘I don’t think of her’ but she hates the sister and kept bringing her up!

The Glitter segment was iconic. It’s her only album I own.

Are book charts/sales a thing? Have the numbers for this been good? I'm onto the last 3 chapters.

The glitter chapters really are everything.

I’ve just finished the book.

I loved part 4, it was really moving to hear her audibly choked up in the part about her father, the whole thing was so fantastic and gave such wonderful insight into the reasons for some of the many quirks she has. I feel like I understand her on a deeper level and was moved myself by the end of it.

oh and the way she spits ‘managers’ in the epilogue when she’s listing all the people who tried (and lord they do try) to break her spirit.

Obsessed. I just utterly adore the woman.

Mariah Carey's older sister is suing the US singer for $1.2m (£875,000) for "immense emotional distress" she says was caused by remarks in her memoir.

In her complaint, Alison Carey referred to claims in the book that she gave 12-year-old Mariah Valium, tried to pimp her out and threw boiling tea on her.

Alison denied the claims, saying Mariah "presented no evidence to substantiate these serious allegations".

The pop star published The Meaning of Mariah Carey in September.

Alison, who was 20 at the time the alleged events took place, filed her two-page legal complaint at New York Supreme Court on Monday.

It said the "outrageous" material in Mariah's book was meant to "humiliate and embarrass" her sister.

Mariah used "her status as a public figure to attack her penniless sister, generating sensational headlines describing her lurid claims to promote sales of her book", Alison claimed.

She is now seeking damages for the "heartless, vicious, vindictive, despicable and totally unnecessary public humiliation".

She also said she was severely depressed due to the "unspeakable trauma of her childhood and having her own children abandon her". According to the document, Mariah had publicly acknowledged her sister, or "ex-sister", to be a "deeply wounded" person.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55916644

She is now seeking damages for the "heartless, vicious, vindictive, despicable and totally unnecessary public humiliation".
Not seeing UNTRUE anywhere there :emoji_thinking:

I wish you an ounce of luck @Alison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom