The Millennium Dome

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
Lets revisit Y2K with a trip to the millennium dome. I remember going as a kid and being THRILLED by a photobooth where you could get a photo with ET (sponsored by British Telecom). I also bought a pencil recycled from a coffee cup.

It seems like a lot of it was actually QUITE CRAP, and looking at pictures now is a HOOT.

Some highlights:

The Work Zone, where children could discover their competency for work:

Djn_5N_W0AE6ZLS

The Money Zone, where you could roleplay as a City Banker:

DjoLZ5kW4AIxwrK

The Jewel Zone, sadly targeted by robbers with a JCB:

DjoRZt-XoAA8aDJ

The Mind Zone, with this sculpture that had very bad vibes:

DjoaouYXoAAjhL9

And the piece-de-resistance, the Body Zone:

DjpuAKFUwAYqAaw

DjpuA3NV4AAFGzF

Do you have any memories of this TENT OF DREAMS?

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
I never went. I recall being open minded about it but then seeing the sheer lack of imagination involved and unappealing nature of the content I decided not to. Instead I dedicated the year 2000 to having sex, taking drugs, going to festivals and New York.

So many regrets.

Can we put the other ‘n’ back into Millennium before I go mad, please?

My Dad and brother went. Their enthusiasm was distinctly muted.

Thank you.

I don’t think I had any idea what was even in the Millennium Dome prior to this thread.

Thankfully the building ended up having a more useful purpose. Wankers can climb on top of it.

I went twice and loved it but have no recollection of any of the stuff above except for the body exhibit. I do remember the recycled pencil though and a Black Adder thing.

Also great fun to sit in the highest seats in the arena if you suffer from vertigo, I am told.

I've never been in it at all! Hopefully as the host venue of Eurovision 2046, when we finally complete the step in the right direction, I'll be there!

OMG just imagine the I AM KIMBERLEY (AND YOU ARE NOT) world tour LIVE at the O2, complete with remortgage-inducing cocktails at the ever-nourishing SLUG AND LETTUCE after :disco:

Never went. I think a cousin of mine went for some kind of new Blackadder episode and they said it was underwhelming. First time I went was after the O2 refurb, going to the cinema and then of course all of the Prince concerts.

Did anyone ever get the free wok under their seat?

Anyone else have a multitude of crumbling millennium project nearby?

It’ll be time for all the time capsules to be dug up soon.

Some bloke has uploaded a home video to youtube if you want to RELIVE THE EXPERIENCE.

Anyone else have a multitude of crumbling millennium project nearby?

we had the Olympics area covered in tanks and military guards last year, which was fairly grim

I totally forgot you live in a flop Olympics host city.
It’s the main thing people say about Atlanta if I mention it anywhere outside the us. Or rap music. Probably the real housewives on moopy

One of the most profitable Olympics! (apart from the nail bomb)
It did pretty much revitalize Atlanta and I think that it can be pretty clearly linked to the influx of educated people into the suburbs and Georgia voting Democrat last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom