The Morning Show (Jen Aniston does serious-ish TV)

Jark

User
Well this looks fab.

Can't wait to illegally stream it! :disco:

Aniston's surgery is just the right side of FABULOUS now, isn't it? Very much on the borderline of looking ridiculous...

I really don't think she's had anything done at all. Maybe a touch of forehead botox but even then you can see lines and movement there. She looks incredible.

This feels like a HOLLYWOOD REMIX of two of my favourite films of all time, Network and All About Eve. But not half as fabulous (even though I like Aniston and Witherspoon).

Last edited:
i'm not sure what their respective actual ages are but witherspoon being cast as the younger competition made me giggle.

apart from that, it looks like bland city central. (sorry for being so negative this evening)

I think Jen is starting to look a bit weird. I'll definitely give this a go though. I hope it has some teeth.

apart from that, it looks like bland city central. (sorry for being so negative this evening)

:D Well we are talking queen of deathly dull Jenny Aniston. I’m only going to watch if there are constant mentions of electrolytes :disco:

I didn't even know Apple TV was a streaming platform - can't everything just be on Netflix or Hulu? Anyway, I'm intrigued.

Also, I think Jen Aniston looks as good as Jennifer Aniston can look at 50. If she had any work done, I can't tell. She just looks like she keeps healthy and takes care of her skin without trying too hard to look 25. And @ameraal , Reese is 43 while Jen is 50.

i'm not sure what their respective actual ages are but witherspoon being cast as the younger competition made me giggle.

Jenn is 50
Reese is 43 but let's face it she could pass for early thirties STILL :disco:

It looks fine but AppleTV has nothing else to get people to subscribe.

I do like how whenever a director wants Reese to look younger, they just plop a ludicrous brown wig on her.

Did anyone actually watch this then?

I just finished it and I actually really enjoyed it. Reese is great as always, and Jennifer shines just as much in her role. The last episode is some great tv.

I've watched two episodes and it's good but not totally high quality.

However everything I've read about the finale says it's one of the best hours of TV in years so I'll stick with it.

I'm on episode 6 right now - it's the first show in a good few months I've had a proper binge on. I really like it! Hopefully season 2 has a higher budget that isn't all blown on the cast. Some of the sets look so cheap.

I watched episode one and enjoyed it more than I expected.

The first few episodes felt quite bloated trying to cover too many ideas and storylines at once, a little more focus wouldn't have hurt.

Jen's delivery in particular is wonderfully OTT though.

It comes together much better in the last 4 or 5 episodes and the final episode is really rather good.

I really enjoyed this a lot. It was all just on the right side of OTT. Cracking script! The acting from Gugu Mbatha-Raw in particular, was stellar. What a talent.

Anyone been watching S2?

It’s finally picking up again with Julianna Margulies :disco: But so far it’s not quite as gripping as S1

Yes Ive been watching it. S2 got off to a slow start but the last episode was great TV. A real curve ball. I like watching it weekly so I have no idea what's going to happen.

I much prefer Jennifer (Alex) to Reece (Bradley). She's a much more interesting character. But Mia is by far and away the best thing in it this series. Hopefully S3 can start an a new story arc, although I have a feeling its going to get more ridiculous as time goes on.

I've heard season 2 complete implodes and becomes unironically dumb television :D can't wait to watch it!

It takes a good 3 episodes to really get going and doesn’t get good until Julianna Marguiles comes into it. The last 2 episodes with Jen have been brilliant! But setting it in the real world in the early 2020 months running up to Covid is a bit shit.

It is an odd decision as to why they bothered at all. Its like they forget about it for ages, and then think "oh SHIT, yeah Covid's here!". It adds nothing to the story.

Just caught up. What a great episode, and I can’t believe there’s only one to go :(

Also if only there were actual interviewers on TV like Bradley handled that confrontation.

a friend told me margulies was in season 2, so i felt it was my duty to watch and just started from there.
i dismissed it quickly as oftentimes jarring in terms of dialogue and performances, a bit outdated (morning television, so exciting!), overlong and altogether less than the sum of its parts but it got better as it went along and i got to know more of the characters (quite a few of them).

did not care for aniston (putting it mildly), i don't care much for witherspoon but she had some moments (i found the storyline with her brother touching), did not care for carrell (i want his villa though). those three characters were probably my least favourite things about it. it was nice to see valeria golino again but there was something off about her performance for me.

liked most of the supporting cast. karen pittman was my favourite, crudup did a good job and i did enjoy margulies who had some good lines.
all in all, would not recommend this to a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom