The Netherlands 2019: Duncan Laurence - Arcade

Alla

Beast in Black
Up to #78 on the Hot 100 now. Needs airplay to take off stronger to really make inroads, but it’s getting a nice little stint.
Oh wow! Is this the first Eurovision song to make the Hot 100 since Gina G?

Devil

I Need A House
Yep. I assume there hasn’t been many in total to chart there at all really. I can only think even before that maybe Brotherhood of Man between ABBA and Gina?

Devil

I Need A House
Up to a new peak #74 now on it’s tenth week in the top 100. Picking up at pop radio as well the last few days, and is also at a new peak of #20 there now. Interested to see exactly how far he can go.

Kratz

Not easy to remember, and even harder to forget
Hurrah for him but it really was/is drivel.

Alla

Beast in Black
Up to a new peak #74 now on it’s tenth week in the top 100. Picking up at pop radio as well the last few days, and is also at a new peak of #20 there now. Interested to see exactly how far he can go.
#20 on airplay in USA? :shock: That's absolutely insane!!

Alla

Beast in Black
Btw, reading this interview on Billboard...

“Arcade” is the first Eurovision song in 45 years to crack the Hot 100 -- and it seemingly sprung to life without Eurovision to make it there.

Gina G agog.

VoR

Take it or leave it
I wonder why it's just died on Spotify, considering that's where it took off in the first place?

It seems to be getting a renewed push at radio, so maybe it'll get addd back onto some playlists as well.

I'd love for it to crack the top 40.

RJN

User
I heard it on the radio over the weekend, and it was a very limp dance remix, with an added best?

Devil

I Need A House
It’s #18 on airplay overall now which is brilliant, and it’s still growing strong at pop. It’s been a long chart run so I think that is what has hurt it now on Spotify - it took about 8 weeks to leap from the Bubbling Under chart into the main chart itself, where it’s now been for about 4 months. It was originally doing good business on Spotify about 6 or 7 months ago so I guess it’s just been so long for airplay to catch up that they aren’t going to sync to give a great peak.

Still, it’s going to be a very long running hit and even a #55 is pretty damn good as it is.

Devil

I Need A House
Up to #14 on airplay as well. Hopefully he can rise back up Spotify a bit (I think it’s up to #183 now) and continue on upwards. Still, #50 is a great result and it’s going to be a great run overall wherever it peaks.

Diddy

Rice Queen
I was agog when my Japanese friend I had briefly dated and exposed to ESC 2016 & 2017 for reasons long passed, had watched 2018 on his own volition, but also knew Arcade.

later that day we were BOTH agog to hear it played in a steak restaurant in Tokyo

Devil

I Need A House
It’s picked up a big wind on pop radio as it hit the top ten there, so unless there is a huge album bomb release taking up a few higher positions then it should be a shoe in for top 40 next week at this rate.

Devil

I Need A House
Got its first negative update on pop radio today and just a +0.01 increase overall. May be it’s peak, but to be honest what a run - currently #9 on total radio play overall, and I imagine it will go up a few slots this week on the top 100.

Edit: actually climbs up to #30 this week on the Hot 100. Kanye will knock it next week so this may be its peak, but quite he achievement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom