The Netherlands 2019: Duncan Laurence - Arcade

In at #39

Obviously Dadi charted last year, but that's the first winner in the charts since Heroes in 2015.

Toy peaked at #49 and Fuego at #64 that year.

Toy also apparently got a big TikTok boost sometime last year, but it didn't translate into any additional chart action.

Still climbing, #29 in the singles chart this week. I wonder if we're gonna have further charts full of tik tok viral songs. :square:

This has cracked the Spotify 200 in the USA now as well :o

I hope his record label are ready to capitalise on this.

Up twenty spots to #65 in the US today.

They really should resend this to radio for a try everywhere. Given how well it’s doing on streaming they’d be silly not to bother.

This all feels like auspicious timing, especially with some awareness building and that movie. I wonder if Eurovision will ever get onto a mainstream channel in the US, rather than whatever homolife.com it’s on now

Third most added song to American Pop Radio this week, behind Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber.

It's near-certain to become the first Eurovision song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 since Gina G. :o

I was thrilled to hear it on the radio and I don’t even like it that much :D

Reactions: VoR
He should have performed the normal version of it instead of violin acoustic edit tbh

About time after about two months in the bubbling under!

He is still making good gains on radio and doing ok on streaming so will be interesting to see how far he can go.

I feel it's convenient to paint this as a crossover hit, but it's just a TikTok hit right?

I did enjoy the HOT STATS in Semi 1, 1.5 million TikTok videos, 2.5 million TikTok views, meaning that they averaged less than 2 views each

Well it’s exposure is from Tiktok, yes. But that’s how songs get noticed in 2021, like how movies propelled tracks massively in the 80s and 90s.

It’s combined on about 400 million listens on Spotify alone, and gets 20 million radio impressions each week in the US alone. As far as I know tiktok doesn’t have any weighting on the actual chart itself?

Well it’s exposure is from Tiktok, yes. But that’s how songs get noticed in 2021, like how movies propelled tracks massively in the 80s and 90s.

It’s combined on about 400 million listens on Spotify alone, and gets 20 million radio impressions each week in the US alone. As far as I know tiktok doesn’t have any weighting on the actual chart itself?

That's fair enough, I think I was getting confused with Youtube memes like Harlem Shake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom