The (possible) Eurovision CORRUPTION thread

Were any moopy members embroiled in the murky Eurovision underworlds suspiciously pro-Malta this year..? :eyes:

IMAGINE if we've all been reading SPONSORED POSTS and not even known about it! :shock: :wow: #spon #ad
I seem to recall that @Kate enjoyed the Malta entry. I guess now we know how she got so wealthy.

Thinking about it (briefly) has there ever been a bigger SF to F televote disparity than Destiny’s?

Thinking about it (briefly) has there ever been a bigger SF to F televote disparity than Destiny’s?

Yes, in 2008 when Sweden won the semifinal and then an error with with the televote caused them to crash and burn in the finals.

Okay, but all joking aside, in 2008 when Sweden won the semifinal, and then won the final with all the 12s :evil:

TALK about corruption, that weird time in 2008 & 2009 when you could qualify for the final but be booted for someone else, which happened to FYR Macedonia BOTH TIMES!

• Love
Reactions: Hak
TALK about corruption, that weird time in 2008 & 2009 when you could qualify for the final but be booted for someone else, which happened to FYR Macedonia BOTH TIMES!
To be fair, the rule wasn't QUITE 'you can qualify but get booted', more just that the top 9 and then top remaining jury qualifier qualified :D

Just as a footnote, if they’d had that rule in this year, Norway would’ve had to make way for Romania, so make of that what you will

Just as a footnote, if they’d had that rule in this year, Norway would’ve had to make way for Romania, so make of that what you will
Norway were 8th in the televote though, and Croatia were 9th. The juries would have actually saved Sweden, and Belgium would’ve been knocked out.

Norway were 8th in the televote though, and Croatia were 9th. The juries would have actually saved Sweden, and Belgium would’ve been knocked out.

am I misunderstanding how it works?
I thought it was the top 9 combined, plus the highest ranking jury song left over, so that’s the regular qualifiers except Norway, plus Romania, the jury’s 9th pick.

and Semi 2 wouldn’t have changed because all the jury top 10 were qualifiers (Albania were #10 combined but they were above all the other non qualifiers)

am I misunderstanding how it works?
I thought it was the top 9 combined, plus the highest ranking jury song left over, so that’s the regular qualifiers except Norway, plus Romania, the jury’s 9th pick.

and Semi 2 wouldn’t have changed because all the jury top 10 were qualifiers (Albania were #10 combined but they were above all the other non qualifiers)
2008-9 the semis were pure televote, then a jury "wildcard". So if we assume the jury wildcard = the jury highest score then Romania would have got through Semi 1 if the same system was in place this year.

2008-9 the semis were pure televote, then a jury "wildcard". So if we assume the jury wildcard = the jury highest score then Romania would have got through Semi 1 if the same system was in place this year.

oh! Well, the more you know

thank El Diablo THE SIN didn’t come UNSTUCK!

I’m still AGOG the public thought Portugal was better than San Marino!

I do think San Marino fell victim to a number of common problems which combined to deliver that low televote score. I doubt any one of these was the single dominant reason, it was just bad luck.

Curse of 26th - felt like an encore, by now most viewers had picked their favourites
Glut of uptempos - Competing for votes with Cyprus, Malta, Azerbaijan, Israel, Greece and Moldova. No wonder they almost all underperformed!
Good old fashioned racism.

Portugal had a clear USP in that lineup and were always going to get some points.

I do think San Marino fell victim to a number of common problems which combined to deliver that low televote score. I doubt any one of these was the single dominant reason, it was just bad luck.

Curse of 26th - felt like an encore, by now most viewers had picked their favourites
Glut of uptempos - Competing for votes with Cyprus, Malta, Azerbaijan, Israel, Greece and Moldova. No wonder they almost all underperformed!
Good old fashioned racism.

Portugal had a clear USP in that lineup and were always going to get some points.

I’m hoping that rock and roll never dies, until everyone decides to send boys with guitars next year and some ludicrous gay favourite swans to victory unopposed. Or Dami Im

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom