The Queen DEAD... Jubilant

Pauline Quirke and Helen Worth Topless MBEs!!! Alright I'm in favour of all this now.

Rita Chakrabarty just said "back to Martine in the studio" and I very briefly thought it might have been MCCUTCHEON, but no :(
I like how that seems vaguely plausible.

Celebrations that look more fun than the Jubilee, GO!
1654206224945.jpeg

The last supper

Charles and Camilla straight from a lock in at the Queen Vic and a four way with Winston and Trace to St Paul's Catherdral.

I assume "Harry and Meghan booed by The Daily Express as they arrive at St Paul's Cathedral to attend a Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate the Queen's long reign" was too many characters.

I've been to two jubilee events today. I mildy enjoyed the gun salute and quite enjoyed the lighting of the beacon.

I'm essentially pro and anti monarchy. Hate the theory, utterly indoctrinated by the practice.
Absolutely! I know it's been said but the whole affair is so camp and fabulous that I can't help being ultimately pro-monarchy. I know we're in a literalist age currently but symbols matter.

I also love that your most powerful politician is still less important than her and has to meet with her once a week to explain himself. It'd be like if the US president had a recurring audience with Uncle Sam: it might be fruitless but it's a check and balance, and I think good for a country.

I also love that your most powerful politician is still less important than her and has to meet with her once a week to explain himself. It'd be like if the US president had a recurring audience with Uncle Sam: it might be fruitless but it's a check and balance, and I think good for a country.

I've obviously tried to stay away from this thread as much as possible but

Bait GIF

In what world is she doing any sort of checks on him? Do you think she has raised with him the fact that he's been fined for breaking his own laws, for example? It's a scripted to fuck weekly meeting where they exchange pleasantries and the fact that people think it has any actual meaningful outcome suggests its actual intent (which is to sell an illusion of power she doesn't really have) has worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom