The Queen DEAD...Tired

I don't work in News I should add! But a lot of internal discussions around how they perhaps overdid it were had.

I think the pomp and circumstance will absolutely not be turned down where expected, eg news, funeral coverage, main channels, international channels. But they seem to be keen to avoid the "Radio One coming off a dance breakdown to tell listeners your monarch has passed away" moments. Particularly in areas where there's more of an international focus rather than UK.
By contrast I think the BREAKING NEWS moments are the BEST BIT!

It was all the days of obituaries. How many times can we hear he was in the navy and had a sense of humour?

I think with the Queen, she probably has much more scope and depth in terms of content, but still...

By contrast I think the BREAKING NEWS moments are the BEST BIT!
The amount of anxiety they cause me. When the Queen Mum snuffed it halfway through You've Been Framed, they cut the ad break short for a special bulletin and I near enough SHAT MYSELF because I always assume they're about to tell us a fuck-off great meteor is about to hit Earth.

I do come from a family of royalists but then they were from Limehouse so what can you expect? Far too easy to be impressed by POMP AND TIARAS when you’re raised on GRUEL :)

The amount of anxiety they cause me. When the Queen Mum snuffed it halfway through You've Been Framed, they cut the ad break short for a special bulletin and I near enough SHAT MYSELF because I always assume they're about to tell us a fuck-off great meteor is about to hit Earth.
It’s going to be even worse this time. We’ll all assume that Vladdy will have launched the nuclear option :(

NAPPIES AT THE READY :disco:

I don't work in News I should add! But a lot of internal discussions around how they perhaps overdid it were had.

I think the pomp and circumstance will absolutely not be turned down where expected, eg news, funeral coverage, main channels, international channels. But they seem to be keen to avoid the "Radio One coming off a dance breakdown to tell listeners your monarch has passed away" moments. Particularly in areas where there's more of an international focus rather than UK.

Please don’t ignore me. If you would not like to say what your occupation is then simply say so, and don’t talk in detail about your job to avoid further questions. :)

Please don’t ignore me. If you would not like to say what your occupation is then simply say so, and don’t talk in detail about your job to avoid further questions. :)
I've not talked in any detail whatsoever about my actual job and I'm not going to do so here.

I was tagged and Ag asked a couple of follow-up questions which I'm happy to answer with the limited knowledge I have. It's hardly STATE SECRETS. You can find out most of the stuff I mentioned on GOOGLE.

I've not talked in any detail whatsoever about my actual job and I'm not going to do so here.

I was tagged and Ag asked a couple of follow-up questions which I'm happy to answer with the limited knowledge I have. It's hardly STATE SECRETS. You can find out most of the stuff I mentioned on GOOGLE.

OK, sorry. It must have been someone else on here I clocked talking about HOB NOBBING with certain “celebs” in the past :boring:. Anyway, as I said if you didn’t want to answer my question on what your job is then you should have just simply said in the first place.

To be honest, at 96, you can be rendered IMMOBILE and not actually be particularly UNWELL. She might have decades left.

Let's face it, if anyone has the willpower and resources to live to 120...

I am quite confident she will live to older than her Mother which I think was 101?

What is the story on her stepping down? It was unheard of previously unless you married a divorcee which clearly makes no difference now when we look towards the future King.

What is the story on her stepping down? It was unheard of previously unless you married a divorcee which clearly makes no difference now when we look towards the future King.
I think the Queen of the Netherlands abdicated due to old age, within recent years. It's not unheard of.

I think the Queen of the Netherlands abdicated due to old age, within recent years. It's not unheard of.

I still can’t see it unless she fails greatly. It is very much unheard of previously in the British royal family. Her Father was dying of terminal cancer but never stepped down until his last breath.

I still can’t see it unless she fails greatly. It is very much unheard of previously in the British royal family. Her Father was dying of terminal cancer but never stepped down until his last breath.

Maybe we could have another REGENCY.

Chuck and Her Maj, June 4th:

tumblr_l72msywcte1qbioy1o1_500.png

The last three Dutch monarchs (all queens) have all abdicated in their 60s or 70s. Dutch pragmatism I guess.

Last edited:
Abdication will only work for the UK monarchy if they jump straight to Wills and Kate bypassing Chuck and Milly. Which they won't cos Charles wants to be king.

I’m no Royalist but I think the of are Liz will be a poignant moment. She’s the last link to an entirely different Great Britain and her death will be the very end of that. I can’t see how the Monarchy can really survive in its current form after her, and I’d be happy for it to slowly fade away.

The wall to wall NEWS will be exciting for the first day but we’ll no doubt get 142 special editions of all the gammony press rammed down our throats and union flags rammed up our arses until it hurts.

She’s the last link to an entirely different Great Britain and her death will be the very end of that.

I agree. There's potential for real social change. Not that our current overlords will want that.

What are the plans for her jubilee? Surely she HAS to be present for that?

I can see why she doesn’t want to be visible with a walking aid, or in a wheelchair as it shows vulnerability which although inevitable when you live to a great age like she has it is not really a strong look for a figure head. Especially as she probably doesn’t feel at all vulnerable mentally.

I don't see why can't she be seen like that. We know she's 96. Thousands of people do it every day. She could show some solidarity for them and show things aren't over just because you have limited mobility.

The fact she (understandably) can't even manage the limited duties she now fulfils really does mean it's time to hand over.

Charles sat on the throne in the House of Lords with all those unearned medals pinned on is a ludicrous look.

I don't see why can't she be seen like that. We know she's 96. Thousands of people do it every day. She could show some solidarity for them and show things aren't over just because you have limited mobility.

The fact she (understandably) can't even manage the limited duties she now fulfils really does mean it's time to hand over.

I agree. APPARENTLY she is haunted by pictures of her sister in her wheelchair before she died and doesn’t want to be remembered like that. Obviously that was from yet another source and none of us actually have a clue why she is immobile other than the fact she is advancing in years.

The beautiful photograph with the white horses recently was a very clever move as she held the horses for balance, rather than being pictured with a walking stick. To me that shows that she doesn’t want to be seen as vulnerable.

The beautiful photograph with the white horses recently was a very clever move as she held the horses for balance, rather than being pictured with a walking stick. To me that shows that she doesn’t want to be seen as vulnerable.

Oh, of course, well spotted. You're exactly right.

I just watched a bit of Charles' speech.

I say BRING CHARLES ON. His tone throughout was at best SNEERING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom