The Real Housewives of Melbourne

"Wog" is basically the equivalent of "Bogan", which Gina used to describe Jackie.
It's so weird because it appears to have a completely different usage in Australia/NZ, and gets used against different groups. Here in the UK it's a bit of an outdated term, but it was historically aimed at black people and was generally seen as similar to the N-word in strength :o

In the STOP FUCKING HATE link Gina just sounds like she's just a bit DONE with being in the spotlight. She's in her fifties now, and must be pretty secure financially. Maybe she just CAN'T BE ARSED with it all any more :D

Her life ain't a House of cards about to TOPPLE. :disco:

Last edited:
It's so weird because it appears to have a completely different usage in Australia/NZ, and gets used against different groups. Here in the UK it's a bit of an outdated term, but it was historically aimed at black people and was generally seen as similar to the N-word in strength :o
Yes, I think you're referring to "G****wog", which my friend from Newcastle told me is totally unacceptable.

It’s actually a sports documentary, thank you.

tenor.gif

Also watching season 1 of both New York and Melbourne in parallel, they have very similar storylines, including "playing tennis against your enemy" ?

I know the Queen is technically the Head of State in Australia, but I didn't realise any Australians still OWNED IT!

The article isn't loading for me, does this mean she won't be in the next season? I'm holding out hope that she's quitting after it's done :o

How fitting for this to be my first post in this thread

Didn't we already know this? This was to be her last season. Or is she leaving that too?

Either way, Melbourne is not short on foul mouthed housewives, as a show and as a city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom