The return of Heather Small - new single Love Me or Not

Tisch

Spare potatoes
She's BACK! Capitalising fresh from her Masked Singer success :eyes: Heather Small has a new single which has been out for a few weeks and seems to be listed on Radio 2. It's simple enough, summery, bouncy, and dare I say... relistenable?

It's not very M People or her even, so here's hoping it's the start of a proper comeback and a fun album is in the works. Consider me TANTALISED.

She's re-recorded Proud and Movin' on Up as well because why not? They barely sound different in 2022.

It's mostly recordings of M People hits plus the new single and a cover of Paul Weller's You Do Something To Me. It's basically the scrapped Orchestra album she had planned a couple of years ago .

1. Moving On Up
2. Love Me Or Not
3. How Can I Love You More
4. Proud
5. One Night In Heaven
6. Excited
7. Don’t Look Any Further
8. Search For The Hero
9. Sight For Sore Eyes
10. Colour My Life
11. You Do Something To Me

Colour My Life. Can she ever not dine out on former glories? Actually, may she long continue, it's almost artful for the originality dodger.

Can anyone explain why M People never released a studio album (other than greatest hits) after Fresco? They were huge and then nothing. Was it because Heather went solo and kind of muffed it?

It's mostly recordings of M People hits plus the new single and a cover of Paul Weller's You Do Something To Me. It's basically the scrapped Orchestra album she had planned a couple of years ago .

1. Moving On Up
2. Love Me Or Not
3. How Can I Love You More
4. Proud
5. One Night In Heaven
6. Excited
7. Don’t Look Any Further
8. Search For The Hero
9. Sight For Sore Eyes
10. Colour My Life
11. You Do Something To Me
Kicking myself now because the title Colour My Life sounded familiar but I didn't think too much of it. What a pointless concept.

Can anyone explain why M People never released a studio album (other than greatest hits) after Fresco? They were huge and then nothing. Was it because Heather went solo and kind of muffed it?
I kinda recall they just came a byword for DULL. From bangers to sentimental tripe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom