The Sherry Pie situation

How long is it until we have enough cancelled Queens for an All Stars of their own?

1. Tyra Sanchez
2. Sherry Pie
3. Robbie Turner
4. That one guy who used to judge the musical episodes and then went into a crystal meth spiral

How long is it until we have enough cancelled Queens for an All Stars of their own?

1. Tyra Sanchez
2. Sherry Pie
3. Robbie Turner
4. That one guy who used to judge the musical episodes and then went into a crystal meth spiral
Soju

Also, do we WANT to see Robbie Turner anyway? I only remember him doing the rollerskate thing.

Should Robbie even be cancelled? What she did was weird but didn't really hurt anyone
I know right, I mean who hasn’t exaggerated looks exchanged with their Uber driver into a full blowjob affair?

Just occurred to me that is probably the most mainstream publicity/appearance that any of the S12 queens have had post-show :oi:

"Well thank you for having me first of all"

That first line was like he's playing a Snatch game version of himself. Or Shannel thanking her esteemed panel of judges.

I still feel non the wiser as to why he did it, and I'm officially over being open to hearing any explanation. I did like the interviewer catching him saying he won't let his supposed borderline personality disorder diagnosis be used as a reason ("and we won't let you").

Really, he should just vanish off the internet. This was not helping anyone he has hurt. Getting some kind of expert on after he's switched his webcam off may have been a good idea. Very icky.

I mean he’s admitting his guilt, there should be a way for some form of redemption. I don’t think he will ever be able to do drag but maybe show some remorse.

I wouldn't have recognised him. The Drag Race editors did a good job.

She's really good though. Not letting him get away with using BPD as an excuse (not that he was) was great.

She was tough and I don’t know what Sherry got from doing this. He has admitted his mistake and is dealing with his own problems, as for what he’s doing to help his victims (which he didn’t see to have an answer for), he should have asked for advice regarding what he could do to them.

I found it a very awkward and ungratifying watch and had to turn it off halfway through.

Did she talk about her 18 minute comedy routine with a goldfish and publicly apologise to Jaida Essence Hall for exceeding her 5 minute time limit thus increasing Jaida's nerves?

The breakout star's comeback trail continues...

Disqualified Drag Race queen Sherry Pie has been performing shows throughout 2020

Sherry Pie, the disgraced RuPaul's Drag Race season 12 queen who was disqualified from the competition following multiple instances of catfishing, has been performing shows in the town of Beacon, N.Y. as recently as November 2020, EW has exclusively confirmed.

Following tips from multiple sources close to the situation, EW reached out to Pie — whose real name is Joey Gugliemelli — to confirm allegations that he had performed in drag following his disqualification from Drag Race in March of last year, despite previously going on the record to deny that he had performed in drag throughout 2020.

"It's just a space I performed at twice. There was no money or anything like that. It was very limited, testing out material that I'd been working on," Gugliemelli says of a pair of shows that occurred throughout the year, which he estimates were attended by approximately 15 people per set. "It was very few people.... it's a space that I know the person who owns it personally. It's not like a venue."

The confirmation comes one day after the drag artist appeared on The Tamron Hall Show to address his behavior. In response to allegations against him and the discussion on The Tamron Hall Show, EW requested comment from Gugliemelli regarding any performances he might've done in 2020. He denied doing so.

"I wouldn't come back right now," he said. "I didn't do any [shows] in 2020."

He continued: "I wasn't talking to anybody about doing anything in New York or doing anything anywhere. There were people asking the people who were representing me at the time if I was still performing and they'd check in with me and I'd tell them how I was feeling and where I was at. I really was out. I really was not in it."

In the months following production on season 12 in mid 2019, multiple people (including some longtime friends of Gugliemelli) accused the performer of posing as a female casting director named Allison Mossie, who was supposedly casting for roles in productions that ultimately did not exist. Victims said they submitted degrading and often sexually explicit "audition" tapes to Mossie through Gugliemelli. One victim said he was also paid to take steroids to bulk up for a fake role.

Days after season 12 premiered on VH1, several accusers came forward with their stories about Gugliemelli, who eventually apologized in a lengthy Facebook post, though he was ultimately disqualified from the ongoing Drag Race competition (the network and production company World of Wonder would later donate to LGBTQ charities in response to the scandal) despite completing the initial round of filming as a top-four finalist.

"I want to start by saying how sorry I am that I caused such trauma and pain and how horribly embarrassed and disgusted I am with myself," Gugliemelli's apology read at the time. "I know that the pain and hurt that I have caused will never go away and I know that what I did was wrong and truly cruel."

A larger EW story containing victims' responses to The Tamron Hall Show interview will be published soon.

https://ew.com/tv/sherry-pie-performing-shows-2020/

So people want him to never do drag ever again?

I wonder if dating apps will try to reduce catfishing.

Genuinely think it's ridiculous for any self-respecting leftist that believes in rehabilitation to think someone should never be able to work again in their career after committing a crime.

In any case, in an industry like drag there's literally a solution RIGHT THERE if you wish to punish them - don't go to their shows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom