06 La femme d'argent
08 Sexy Boy
10 All I Need
06 Kelly Watch the Stars
09 Talisman
07 Remember
09 You Make It Easy
09 Ce Matin La

This is so nice but it's a track too many with vocoder. I suppose nowadays, they'd use autotune effects or somesuch but there was also the retro aspect.

It’s a bit dull tho tbh. Nicely broken with the piano break with the children playing though.

Unlike 'You Make It Easy', I'm not sure this one benefits from the vocal. It's possible that the music was chilling me out a little too much before the vocoder came in.

06 La femme d'argent
08 Sexy Boy
10 All I Need
06 Kelly Watch the Stars
09 Talisman
07 Remember
09 You Make It Easy
09 Ce Matin La
08 New Star In The Sky

So they shoved a 7 minute track to start with and end with a 3 minute one.

Those crazy French!

It's an odd time in the album to go a bit weird, the last track...

Love the squidgy Stevie Wonder synths. "Phat", as I believe it was said at the time.

06 La femme d'argent
08 Sexy Boy
10 All I Need
06 Kelly Watch the Stars
09 Talisman
07 Remember
09 You Make It Easy
09 Ce Matin La
08 New Star In The Sky
06 Penelope

The visuals on the YouTube of the last track are really sinister and upsetting. I suppose that's fitting for a song named after Envelope.

07 La femme d'argent
08 Sexy Boy
09 All I Need
07 Kelly Watch the Stars
06 Talisman
05 Remember
08 You Make It Easy
09 Ce Matin LA
07 New Star In The Sky
08 Penelope

Sinister is quite a good description of the track as a whole. It is odd to do that on the last track. I suspect that someone may have studied Brecht.

Sagged a bit in the middle but certainly rescued itself. Yeah, more fun than I had remembered. Don't remember who suggested this but thanks.

Tuesday, we'll be doing "Hounds Of Love"; I'll need to have a look and see what suggests are in the clip for next Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom