THE SUNDAY SYNC - AIR - MOON SAFARI - 8PM 24/05

octophone

Prole Art Threat

We're going for a real chill-out classic this week, Air - or to give them their full title, Air (French Band) - and their debut "Moon Safari". Even if you don't know the album, you will because several songs regularly appeared in tv, trailers, films etc. It has its upbeat moments too so this is one we can proper sink into.

Oh lovely. All I Need is my floating dream pop number of choice.

Other Sunday Sync suggestions on the go at the moment are:

Goldfrapp - album tbc
Moloko - Statues
Massive Attack - Protection
Tricky - Maxinequaye
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Moved to next Sunday due to being ratfucked by EurovisionAgain.

I've been listening a lot to Tricky's For Real and Makes Me Wanna Die recently. Just stunning. He is something of an auteur in my book.

But I suppose we don't have control over the Eurovision Again one. Arse.

Sorry, Octy. :( But I'll be very here for this next Sunday.

Other Sunday Sync suggestions on the go at the moment are:

Goldfrapp - album tbc
Moloko - Statues
Massive Attack - Protection
Tricky - Maxinequaye
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92

I’d be here for Supernature, Black Cherry , Seventh Tree or even the misunderstood Head Frst

Aphex quite a daring suggestion, so obviously my favoured choice (although a noisier one would be even more fun). The whole thing? :weed::disco:

It's quite tough to know what to say about individual tracks off Ambient Works.

I think it's surprisingly accessible.

I’m only familiar with his remix of Saint Etienne’s ‘Who do you think you are’. And maybe a video where he turns into a demon...?

One hour away.

I think we all need to chill a bit after today. Particularly sticking it to Boz & Dom by having a French act too. :eu:

I'm just blowing the dust off my CD - hasn't been touched in a loooong time. Wasn't totally convinced I still had it.

Oh! Now, this still gets used all over the place but I would not have been able to tell you it was Air.

It sounds like prog rock played on an old Butlins keyboard in places.

Do I mean Butlins keyboard? There’s a better term surely. I know what I mean.

It sounds like prog rock played on an old Butlins keyboard in places.

The French were good at prog, in the main. Less pompous that the British. We had Yes, they had Magma.

What happened to Air anyway? Loads of the old 90s electronica acts are still around in some form or another but I've not heard from them.

Hard not to just sway in your seat...it's perfectly judged, this. All the 70's period details are on the right side of good taste.

What happened to Air anyway? Loads of the old 90s electronica acts are still around in some form or another but I've not heard from them.

Last released an album in 2012 although there was a film soundtrack in 2014.

Wikipedia suggests that they have both released solo albums within the last few years.

That kitschy 60s/70s camp that was so 'ironically' beloved in the 1990s is all over this.

The bass on the intro to 'Sexy Boy', c'est magnifique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom