THE SUNDAY SYNC - KATE BUSH - THE SENSUAL WORLD - 8PM 31/05

octophone

Prole Art Threat
Tonight's Sunday Sync will both build on Tuesday's listen to "Hounds Of Love" and provide a much needed moment of escape from an increasingly fractured world.

Mmm, yes.

Oh fucks sake I’m going to miss it again :D

We could do an after party of Director's Cut, if there's an appetite.

Last edited:
00 The Sensual World
00 Love And Anger
00 The Fog
00 Reaching Out
00 Heads We're Dancing
00 Deeper Understanding
00 Between a Man and a Woman
00 Never Be Mine
00 Rocket's Tail
00 This Woman's World

I don't believe that I have ever heard this album before so it should interesting.

I think I’m not very fond of this album aside from the tremendous title track but I shall keep an open mind

10 The Sensual World
00 Love And Anger
00 The Fog
00 Reaching Out
00 Heads We're Dancing
00 Deeper Understanding
00 Never Be Mine
00 Rocket's Tail
00 This Woman's World

I think I’m not very fond of this album aside from the tremendous title track but I shall keep an open mind

I thought that made it a good Sunday listen - it is that little bit more divisive and even lesser travelled.

I love the title track that isn;t a title track any more now she's put out Director's Cut.

I've not properly listened to this album before. I just missed the first track.

It's REALLY WANKY to say I KNOW, but I don’t so much hear this song as FEEL it

I think that was exactly what she had in mind, to be honest. There's a blur to the overall sound and the lyric is dream-like.

I remember being a bit put off by the rawk geetar in "Love & Anger" but it sounds good apart from that and at least the verses are free of it.

Love and Anger was one of the first songs I heard. I was so intrigued by it and the world it creates - it really got me on board with Kate.

Iguana fact: Kate has said Love and Anger is the one song of hers where she has no idea what it's about. She says it was difficult to make and she had to keep doing it over and over because she was never really happy with it.

I thought that made it a good Sunday listen - it is that little bit more divisive and even lesser travelled.

I love the title track that isn;t a title track any more now she's put out Director's Cut.
Have I got this right? She always intended to call it Flower of the Mountain but when she couldn't use the exact words she planned to, she renamed it. Then when it became it's "true form" on Director's Cut she named it back?

10 The Sensual World
10 Love And Anger
00 The Fog
00 Reaching Out
00 Heads We're Dancing
00 Deeper Understanding
00 Never Be Mine
00 Rocket's Tail
00 This Woman's World

Have I got this right? She always intended to call it Flower of the Mountain but when she couldn't use the exact words she planned to, she renamed it. Then when it became it's "true form" on Director's Cut she named it back?

Correct. The estate of James Joyce wouldn't let her use the words but relented later on so she redid the track.

Xx The Sensual World
08 Love And Anger
00 The Fog
00 Reaching Out
00 Heads We're Dancing
00 Deeper Understanding
00 Never Be Mine
00 Rocket's Tail
00 This Woman's World

Users who are viewing this thread

Back