THE UK CAME FUCKING SECOND

Well if this was our Netherlands 2014 does that mean next year will be our NL 2015? :basil:
I'm choosing to believe that James Newman was our Anna Bergendahl, this was our Eric Saade and next year we will deliver a Euphoria!

Rather than worrying that we'll follow up in the way the Dutch and now the French both immediately did

They just wheeled that staircase with him on it STRAIGHT to the airport, SPIT SPOT!

I hope that cape doesn't get caught in the jet engine

I ended up missing this but going to catch up today. So so happy for Sam Ryder, I've followed and loved him on Tiktok for 2 years now, his voice is incredible and he's SUCH a lovely person (from what I've seen).

No surprise at all that Ukraine won, good for them <3

This was genuinely the first time I have been excited to be British for years. My bf was quite stunned by how much I started shaking, crying, and stanning the moment the UK took the lead.

His performance was amazing, simple but striking. And he gave that upbeat energy that - despite what Brits think - many Europeans actually love Brits for.

We got Televotes from almost EVERYONE!
Not sure if it's been posted anywhere yet but I've had a browse to see which five countries snubbed us in the televote and where they placed us

North Macedonia - 12th
Croatia - 14th
Slovenia 14th
Serbia - 16th
Montenegro - N/A (due to the dodgy jury meaning full detail isn't published, but you'd expect the same 12th-16th region)

That's "The Balkan Girls" coming off my Eurovision playlist immediately!

YAY

The whole reading jury scores felt very strange, quite a different feeling to be properly invested in your own entry rather than being grateful for the scraps.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61450874

Måneskin's victory also coincided with the UK getting the dreaded "nil points". That night the BBC's Eurovision producer drowned his sorrows with his Spanish counterpart in a bar in Rotterdam.

Together, they made a pact to do better next year.

This is cute, but it is quite possible they did this practically every year.

:eyes:

Hasn't NAZI POP QUEEN CHERYL previously bleated on about THEY ALL HATE US?
Cheryl Baker, of Bucks Fizz, has admitted that the Eurovision Song Contest has "always been political". Speaking to GB News, Ms Baker said that neighbouring countries in Europe "always vote for each other". The former Eurovision winner added: "Unfortunately, we are an island so we don't have any neighbours!"

What a fucking result. Still can't believe it.

Where do we go from here?

I am feeling rather IMPATIENT this morning that we will need to wait another 9 months to see if we are going to keep up the momentum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom