UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

I was at my Mum’s this morning and her carer was there and her reaction was “well, did you see the papers, Kier Starmer did it too! Let Boris get on with running the country”.

I’ve made it my mission to sack her.

This take is everywhere. People live in such ignorant bliss.

Edinburgh was brutal in winter '03 but to be honest the bora in Trieste in '96 was worse. So yeah, not that bad really. :disco:

I just can't get over the gall of the Government this week cutting down EVEN MORE on Universal Credit when they sent ONE HUMAN BEING on a private jet to Australia for £500,000+

I feel that cracking down on BENEFIT SCUM isn't even popularity inflator it used to be after a GLOBAL PANDEMIC saw most households slim down to LIDL (at LEAST) for the weekly shop.

That said, this isn't falling off the front page no matter WHAT they try and sling at it. The general public is mad.
As ridiculous as it sounds, MEME ACCOUNTS (the new front page of a newspaper) are still referencing the lockdown parties on a daily basis. It may be a short-term win, but the damage is TERMINAL!

I just can't get over the gall of the Government this week cutting down EVEN MORE on Universal Credit when they sent ONE HUMAN BEING on a private jet to Australia for £500,000+

I feel that cracking down on BENEFIT SCUM isn't even popularity inflator it used to be after a GLOBAL PANDEMIC saw most households slim down to LIDL (at LEAST) for the weekly shop.

That said, this isn't falling off the front page no matter WHAT they try and sling at it. The general public is mad.
As ridiculous as it sounds, MEME ACCOUNTS (the new front page of a newspaper) are still referencing the lockdown parties on a daily basis. It may be a short-term win, but the damage is TERMINAL!
Jack Monroe's marvellous work regarding the Vimes Boots poverty index and getting the ONS to change the way they collect and report food prices is gaining a lot of traction at the same time as well.

I love Jack Monroe so much.
They are clearly such a troubled human being who really struggles with the spotlight on them, but clearly have something inside them that just CANNOT HIDE AWAY and must speak out, and do it so well...even if they know it will exhaust them and they will have to hide away for another 6 months afterwards.

I can't wait to watch Ruby Rose's child play them in a TV biopic when I'm 70 :disco:

This is a great point. Many of these red rag to a bull tropes of the right-wing and what is now, let’s face it, a nationalist, not a conservative, party appear to be slowly losing potency amongst the public. It might be because so many people have suffered themselves in the last 2 years, it might be indicative of a country emerging from a period of collective madness, or it may be that a sizeable number of people have realised that we aren’t really ‘all in it together’ and are instead pitted needlessly against each other (and so often against the weakest and the most in need).

The sheer embarrassment they should have felt at removing £20 a week from some of the most vulnerable people in society (most of whom are in work) clearly didn’t register one iota. I will never be fully able to reconcile myself with the fact that I once worked with these people.

I may live in a LEFTIST BUBBLE, but surely most of the general population must know somebody, if not multiple people - most likely a family member or two - who are on benefits, especially after the pandemic.

I'm not sure if going after societies POOREST is the vote-grabber it used to be, especially when food banks are now borderline NORMALISED as a local dirty secret, and everybody KNOWS IT.

We literally sent FIZZ WITH LIZ to meet KATH AND KIM for £500,000+ I'm AMAZED more of the population aren't FURIOUS at this (perhaps they just haven't HEARD)

WHY pay off a mortgage for 25 years+ when you can just become an MP and FLY TO AUSTRALIA in a day for more than the amount of most houses!!

IMPRISON THEM ALL

We literally sent FIZZ WITH LIZ to meet KATH AND KIM for £500,000+ I'm AMAZED more of the population aren't FURIOUS at this (perhaps they just haven't HEARD)

WHY pay off a mortgage for 25 years+ when you can just become an MP and FLY TO AUSTRALIA in a day for more than the amount of most houses!!

IMPRISON THEM ALL

:DeathToAllOfThem:

IMPRISON THEM ALL
Empty info.

I was at my Mum’s this morning and her carer was there and her reaction was “well, did you see the papers, Kier Starmer did it too! Let Boris get on with running the country”.

I’ve made it my mission to sack her.
This woman is awful. Hide some of the silverware and accuse her of theft.

The ‘let him get on with it’ crowd are such spineless fucking enablers; the sort of people who will just accept their lives being made increasingly worse because they’re too feckless to see past the posh accent and too compliant to cause a fuss. Also, we did leave him alone to run the country and he spent the entire time getting shitfaced, he’s brought this scrutiny on himself.

This woman is awful. Hide some of the silverware and accuse her of theft.

The ‘let him get on with it’ crowd are such spineless fucking enablers; the sort of people who will just accept their lives being made increasingly worse because they’re too feckless to see past the posh accent and too compliant to cause a fuss. Also, we did leave him alone to run the country and he spent the entire time getting shitfaced, he’s brought this scrutiny on himself.
Be fair. He didn’t spend the entire time getting shitfaced. He spent some of it giving our money to his mates, shagging the nanny and then hiding in fridges when he gets caught.

Ugh perfection

Some of those MPs need to take a serious look at the polls if their enthusiasm for removing him is waning.

Apparently he is off to Kiev next week. Now I thoroughly support the UK backing the integrity of Ukraine but I doubt Boris is above taking us to war as the ultimate dead cat.

I am probably against the tide of opinion here as I don’t think things aren’t going to get better for him if he just sits quiet for a bit. There were already signs that the tide was turning against him and his party (the country slowly becoming exhausted by the monster it created) before this. This isn’t the first self-inflicted wound and they have increasingly found themselves out of step with the prevailing mood of the country (take turning sensible COVID measures into another theatre of their cultures wars - it just hasn’t washed with the public). The issues that were so potent a couple of years ago just don’t persist in quite the same way now - no matter how much Johnson, his acolytes in the party, and allies in the media, jump up and down. Nothing lasts forever.

TLDR - England is slowly coming out of its national nervous breakdown and that is very bad news for Boris and the Tories.

Last edited:
Christ. STRAP is phenomenally high security clearance. I expect there would be people very high up in the PM’s own team who wouldn’t even have the clearance to see it.

(I mean, Labour still have a healthy lead, but the fact that they're trending UP after this shameful week!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom