The UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Years :(

Peekaboo

User
I can't believe they're going ahead with that guy as a candidate - he's a car crash!

cwej

User
Can someone explain to me why we are paying for Priti Patel's bullying and not her?!?

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti

Government to vote on a bill tomorrow that essentially criminalises peaceful protest if it causes inconvenience or is a BIT ANNOYING. It was essentially drafted by Priti Patel to shit on XR and BLM after they hurt some statues and cruelly stopped some newspapers from being delivered.

It'll give the police more power to shut down peaceful protest, which, with impeccable timing, they did yesterday at a vigil for Sarah Everard (a young woman murdered, allegedly, by a Met policeman).

Keir was going to whip Labour to abstain (lol) but the party is voting against as of this morning.

Still the Tories have a massive majority, so it seems pretty likely it'll go through. GRIM.

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
Post-Brexit, I have stopped reading any British political news. The last five years have exhausted me. I get vaccine updates via my Mum. I must say, not hearing anything about the country has made me more patriotic.

big ron

Nude inspector
Post-Brexit, I have stopped reading any British political news. The last five years have exhausted me. I get vaccine updates via my Mum. I must say, not hearing anything about the country has made me more patriotic.

I’m very close to just getting one of those simple, big buttoned mobiles that old people like Rita have. I’m sick of the news and social media.

funky

User
I’ve deleted all news subscriptions and likes from my social media feeds as of today. Not sure if it’ll make any difference but I’m giving it a try. The era of clickbait and the sheer horror of comments sections is not doing my mental health any good, or restoring my faith in people. So I’m not reading anything any more that deals in opinions and speculation rather than cold facts.

big ron

Nude inspector
Worth having a delve into the accounts recent tweets to see how it unfolded, but it's fucking shocking, and I fear the start of dangerous times.

funky

User
That guy’s broken a few laws there hasn’t he?

I see the councillor has responded to say it’ll be investigated. And by investigated I think he means putting him on paid leave until it blows over.

Эулия

User
Without wishing to trivialise matters (I know, as if), bit rude to turn up maskless. Could have made an effort

Soldi

Beautiful like crazy trees
How is it even possible to spend over £5000 in PRIMARK?!

funky

User
I come into this thread after every update hoping to see that Patel has been sacked. Why do you keep disappointing me moopy

funky

User
"You're the only American I've ever fancied"

What a chat up line. What a STUD

Ag

#fuckingcorners
  • He requested racy images of her and said one raunchy picture was “enough to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained-glass window”.
  • He had to borrow £3.10 on their first date and later shrugged off concerns about kissing in public, saying: “This is my city, I don’t care.

ButterTart

Sex and gold
He gave her a shitload of taxpayer money, didn't he?

I assume he'll resign with immediate effect, as precedent suggests this is his only course of action. The Tories and their newspapers would, after all, be clamouring for the resignation of a standing Labour MP under these circumstances.

Oddly, the BBC aren't even mentioning this. Strange. Queer do altogether. Can't begin to imagine what would cause an independent media organisation to behave in such a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom