The USA: The Biden Years

trump-art2.jpg

Is there a Republican who could secure a majority if McCarthy was to stand down?

I love that the Democrats aren't letting the Republicans adjourn, forcing them to go through one humiliating vote after another. :D

The record is 133 rounds, when after two months they eventually reduced the requirement to a plurality.
Which they presumably wouldn’t even be able to do this time because Jeffries might win.

Can someone nice explain who the two republicans running are and who’s backed by who?

Can someone nice explain who the two republicans running are and who’s backed by who?
Kevin McCarthy - former minority leader and before that majority leader in the house (basically head Republican). Being supported by the Republicans who aren't in the freedom caucus (right wing obstructionists). He's very right but not enough for them.

There isn't currently a viable alternative

Sidebar: why do @Ag and @Madison feel so strongly about having years-long uberthreads?

I was trying to find something in the Boris thread a while ago and realised it was 180+ pages and gave up
The person who chose to post about this, chose the 2022 midterms thread and chose not to start a new thread. It was an apt choice, this arguably being the closing chapter of the 2022 midterms, although a new thread would have been fine too. I respect that person’s choice, and I don’t see why that choice should be disrespected without explanation.

I would consider this more the opening chapter of a new era of politics personally. If it was my choice, we’d have a thread for each two years of American politics, and maybe also a thread for each election cycle

We can have a new thread:

The Biden Years 2.0: the Republicans in Disarray

The person who chose to post about this, chose the 2022 midterms thread and chose not to start a new thread. It was an apt choice, this arguably being the closing chapter of the 2022 midterms, although a new thread would have been fine too. I respect that person’s choice, and I don’t see why that choice should be disrespected without explanation.
Anyway hopefully everyone is happy enough now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom