The USA: The Biden Years

I know dems are still toeing the line but any frontrunners for potential noms for the DNC in 2024? Surely Biden would be a surefire loss based on his numbers and the way things are going.

Top US Democrat Nancy Pelosi is visiting Taiwan as part of a tour of Asia, despite sharp warnings from China

:eyes:

BREAKING Chinese jets crossing Taiwan strait - Chinese media

Chinese jets are crossing the Taiwan strait, according to reports in the country's state media.
They are reportedly Su-35 fighter jets.
Beijing warned it would respond to any potential visit from Nancy Pelosi.
We'll bring you more as we get it.

Chinese jets are crossing the Taiwan strait, according to reports in the country's state media.
They are reportedly Su-35 fighter jets.
Beijing warned it would respond to any potential visit from Nancy Pelosi.
We'll bring you more as we get it.

Is the implication that they're going to TAKE HER OUT?

in other lovely American news, the music festival I was going to go to in September has been cancelled because the state of Georgia won’t let them ban guns from the premises

Such a non event! I wish all the media outlets would quit the doomsday reporting… well until someone drops bombs.

I must say the music festival experience just isn't the same without taking A FEW GUNS in with your tent and cheap vodka.

Seeing the likes of the Sugababes isn't worth it unless you've got a cigarette in one hand and a DOUBLE BARRELED SHOTGUN in the other. Imagine banning such festival necessities!

Such a non event! I wish all the media outlets would quit the doomsday reporting… well until someone drops bombs.
It’s too late, I’ve already gone and pissed myself outside M&S on The Moor :(
1C4AF716-D2A9-4B93-9ADD-D66264F95A18.gif

China have allegedly stated that "America will pay the price". Which seems like hot empty rhetoric.

They'll be airlifting all the pandas out of US zoos before you know it.

Huge win for Biden as the (admittedly slimmed down and re-named) Build Back Better act finally passes, funding billions of $$$ of climate change action and capping/lowering some essential medical costs for working people.

The dreadful Kyrsten Sinema once again tried to tank it at the last minute with an amendment to protect hedge fund managers from tax increases! Ludicrous woman…

The Republicans also spitefully pulling out funding to cut the cost of Insulin also feels like something that could (or should!) bite them in the arse down the line.

I'm still not quite sure how they pulled that one - was it because Sinema wouldn't back it?

No, the Senate parliamentarian found that it didn’t meet the standards required for reconciliation, meaning a 60 vote majority would be needed to pass it. It could have gone through had none of the Republicans chosen to challenge it, but that vile old queen Lindsey Graham did, so out it went.

Bizarre footnote - Josh Hawley was among a handful of Republicans who voted (fruitlessly) to let it pass. And he votes against everything!

Between this and the Kansas abortion referendum, he’s had a decent few weeks!
(Minus the COVID)

Looking good to hold/extend the Senate too thanks to the collection of Trump-grovelling FREAKS the Republicans have put forward in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Ohio :D

(Minus the COVID)

Looking good to hold/extend the Senate too thanks to the collection of Trump-grovelling FREAKS the Republicans have put forward in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Ohio :D
I’m so worried about fucking Herschel Walker being senator

(Minus the COVID)

Don't forget taking out the head of Al-Qaeda!

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Anyway, my current BEST GUESS is the Democrats may end up still with 50 in November in the Senate (gaining Pennsylvania but losing Nevada), but lose the House clearly. But anything that gives Biden a half-shot of getting to replace Clarence Thomas can't be sniffed at.

(obviously the universe will probably be far too cruel for that and it'll end up with the Dems on 48/49. But WE CAN BUT HOPE)

My best predictions now:

Georgia: democrats win but just slightly (kemp wins governor though)

Pennsylvania: democrats win by a couple points. Oz is the worst

Ohio: republicans win. Vance sucks but it’s just too Republican

Nevada: I don’t know enough about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom