The USA: Trump-Biden Transition - attempted coup + Trump IMPEACHED (AGAIN!)

Also here's some great news for the "we can push Biden to the left" people :thumbsup:

Goodness, I wonder what his cabinet will look like?

Also here's some great news for the "we can push Biden to the left" people :thumbsup:

I understand why these left media people muted their criticisms before the election, you've got to wet your whistle for a column on a mainstream newspaper, but it's embarrassing to see NJR and that whole crowd complaining about this now. They've caped for Biden for several months.

Some of us could tell that Biden's inner circle was going to be a coalition between Wall Street and Silicon Valley from Day 1. Saying that once he's been elected is just a cheap way for these leftists to retain some radical credibility now they've successfully propped up the Democrat.

Last edited:

thanks to his sponsor HelloFresh, it’ll be fully stocked with nutritious and easy to cook meals.

Why don’t you get a freshly stocked cabinet from HelloFresh using the offer code BIDEN20

I understand why these left media people muted their criticisms before the election, you've got to wet your whistle for a column on a mainstream newspaper, but it's embarrassing to see NJR and that whole crowd complaining about this now. They've caped for Biden for several months.

Some of us could tell that Biden's inner circle was going to be a coalition between Wall Street and Silicon Valley from Day 1. Saying that once he's been elected is just a cheap way for these leftists to retain some radical credibility now they've successfully propped up the Democrat.
I don't disagree with that, but regardless of who's saying it I posted it because plenty of people had been saying Biden could be pushed to the left after getting elected as a way to browbeat people into voting for him. I tend to agree with the folk who were saying that was a faulty premise to begin with.

Last edited:
Interestingly Biden's record on LGBTQ+ rights is pretty bad. That is until he became VP and he seemed to turn overnight and has been pretty solid since. Shockingly he's the first incumbent to be pro-gay marriage

Biden was never going to usher in a major progressive shift for the Democratic party, and anybody who seriously thought he would was kidding themselves.

That being said, I would argue that he already has been pushed to the left and will continue to be so. Not on all things, but enough to make a real differece. Climate Change is now firmly on the Agenda to a degree it never has been before, he literally name-checked Trans right in his acceptance speech, which has never to my knowledge happened before. His newly appointed Chief of Staff has been very open about the need for the party to move in a more progressive direction and has been openly praised by AOC.

If you take a closer look at the transition team @COB posted, there's actually a really broad church in there, including people who actively worked on Bernie Sanders team.

Yes, he's going to be influenced by big business and no, not everything is going to be perfect. But I remain hopeful that things have the potential to look a lot better four years from now than they do today.

As for LGBTQ+ rights, even Obama was slow on that. It was just such a huge political hot potato until fairly recently. I'm fairly sure Obama would have had gay friends and a liberal outlook from a fairly early age, but he still had to pander, unfortunately. Biden, being older and more overtly religious, may have been on more of a 'journey' with it, but I see no reason to mistrust him in that regard today. If for no other reason than that there's no serious political capital to be gained from oppressing gays if you're a democrat/liberal.

As for LGBTQ+ rights, even Obama was slow on that. It was just such a huge political hot potato until fairly recently. I'm fairly sure Obama would have had gay friends and a liberal outlook from a fairly early age, but he still had to pander, unfortunately. Biden, being older and more overtly religious, may have been on more of a 'journey' with it, but I see no reason to mistrust him in that regard today. If for no other reason than that there's no serious political capital to be gained from oppressing gays if you're a democrat/liberal.

It's really amazing how this has happened. I'm sure it was different in Europe, but it seemed like suddenly it went from no major politicians supporting gay marriage to every Democrat doing so. I think only one Democratic member of the Senate is opposed at this point, and a few Democratic members of the House at the most. There is probably some fakeness to it (I agree with you about Obama and Biden).

Not supporting LGBT would definitely be a big enough deal to not secure the nomination. There are some disagreements among different wings of the party, but this is not one of them.

I feel safer in America in 2020 as a white gay man then I think I would as a black man of any sexuality.

Biden was never going to usher in a major progressive shift for the Democratic party, and anybody who seriously thought he would was kidding themselves.

That being said, I would argue that he already has been pushed to the left and will continue to be so. Not on all things, but enough to make a real differece. Climate Change is now firmly on the Agenda to a degree it never has been before, he literally name-checked Trans right in his acceptance speech, which has never to my knowledge happened before. His newly appointed Chief of Staff has been very open about the need for the party to move in a more progressive direction and has been openly praised by AOC.

If you take a closer look at the transition team @COB posted, there's actually a really broad church in there, including people who actively worked on Bernie Sanders team.

Yes, he's going to be influenced by big business and no, not everything is going to be perfect. But I remain hopeful that things have the potential to look a lot better four years from now than they do today.

Climate action and LGBT rights being seen as left-wing policies is part of the problem. Neither poses any risk to capital or the elite.

If you want to look at the future of the Democrats, look at the Uber-backed proposition for gig economy workers in California (Kamala has a ton of ties to Uber). They'll strip away workers' rights and jobs under the disguise of progressive branding and supporting social issues, just like they did with NAFTA. Don't look at the Biden agenda, it isn't worth the paper it's written on. Look at the record.

Bernie and AOC fit into the crowd I was talking about earlier. They're just sheepdogs for the Democrats. They'll complain occasionally but when it comes to it, they'll be telling people to vote blue no matter who every time.

Reactions: COB
The last decade has seen gay marriage sweep the Western world. You can't take put the genie back in that bottle. Support for gay rights defy Trump or Brexit.

Trans issues are the new frontier and thank God, Biden is at least making a strong effort on that front from the very beginning.

This seems right, especially since gay rights don't even seem to be a focus for the modern GOP, or Brexit supporters from what I can tell.

Also, when I said "I feel safer in America in 2020 as a white gay man then I think I would as a black man of any sexuality," I mean as a white CIS gay man. Trans rights are hopefully going to go through a similar transition.

I'm already bored of the progressive left picking apart everything he does and says. He hasn't even technically been elected yet. This is why Democrats will never ever be as solid as the Republican party. Whereas Democrats want to question every little fucking thing, Republicans will feed their grandma to their doberman if it meant getting votes. Mike Pence managed to not say a single thing in 4 years even though he knows Trump is a psychopath. I'm not saying the Democrats should swallow their values entirely but how about a little bit of restraint and a reminder of rule number one that you still have to be elected to govern.

I'm already bored of the progressive left picking apart everything he does and says. He hasn't even technically been elected yet. This is why Democrats will never ever be as solid as the Republican party. Whereas Democrats want to question every little fucking thing, Republicans will feed their grandma to their doberman if it meant getting votes. Mike Pence managed to not say a single thing in 4 years even though he knows Trump is a psychopath. I'm not saying the Democrats should swallow their values entirely but how about a little bit of restraint and a reminder of rule number one that you still have to be elected to govern.

As I'm often reminded, I don't live in America. What difference does it make when I pick stuff apart, given 90% of the people in the election thread were celebrating Biden's election? If you want me to shut up so you can stop thinking about it, just say that.

Climate action and LGBT rights being seen as left-wing policies is part of the problem. Neither poses any risk to capital or the elite.

If you want to look at the future of the Democrats, look at the Uber-backed proposition for gig economy workers in California (Kamala has a ton of ties to Uber). They'll strip away workers' rights and jobs under the disguise of progressive branding and supporting social issues, just like they did with NAFTA. Don't look at the Biden agenda, it isn't worth the paper it's written on. Look at the record.

Bernie and AOC fit into the crowd I was talking about earlier. They're just sheepdogs for the Democrats. They'll complain occasionally but when it comes to it, they'll be telling people to vote blue no matter who every time.

Everything you're saying is right, but what's the alternative? Not voting Democrat and letting Republicans win? I supported my conscious in the primary, but "vote blue no matter who" is pretty much true.

As I'm often reminded, I don't live in America. What difference does it make when I pick stuff apart, given 90% of the people in the election thread were celebrating Biden's election? If you want me to shut up so you can stop thinking about it, just say that.

I wasn't even talking about you hun :D

I was talking about actual political commentators on twitter and such

If you are progressive left more power to you, but I would never have known that. SORRY!

I think "bum equipment" might be more funny to British ears than American

My all time favorite Trump wording to use in my life is "very stable genius"

There are just so many, I can't think where to begin. He really was a perfect reality show star. Sadly...

Reactions: RJN
Ironically, he probably would go down better in history if he had never ran for president and stuck to what he was good at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom