The USA: Trump-Biden Transition - attempted coup + Trump IMPEACHED (AGAIN!)

I love that there's apparently a 'large scale manhunt' underway to find the mob that stormed the Capital Building - when they could have very, very easily just have done their jobs and ARRESTED THEM AT THE TIME!
Easier said than done when you're not outnumbered!

Yeah I am struggling to criticise the officers on the ground at the time. They were understaffed, outnumbered and they knew that some of the rioters were armed. They clearly made the decision to try and keep things as calm as possible to try and save lives. Policing that should have been used for everyone, not just white people, of course.

The people that made the staffing decisions should be, at a minimum, fired, if not sued for reckless endangerment.

I imagine the most recent training they've had was for ramming attacks or.lone nutters. Feasibly what they did was within the training.

Easier said than done when you're not outnumbered!

I kept thinking this during the live coverage when people were questioning why the police didn't just start arresting people after the 6pm curfew.

And take them where? Even if police stations had holding cells the size of a football stadium then how would you get them all there?

To me, it looked like pretty smart policing. Arrest where necessary and use other tactics to reduce and disperse the crowd. It didn't lead to the mob moving and rioting elsewhere, so all in all, it was a pretty successful strategy.

Of course, questions about the deployment of the police, the speed of the response and the underlying difference in the approach used compared to last summer are all valid.

ErJ3GS7WMAE2PLi

With the angels now x :(

Jesus, that family have to live with the knowledge that he hated democracy to the point that his heart gave out while he was participating in an attempted coup. There’s no way to spin that positively in a eulogy, you either have to lean towards ‘thick as pigshit’ or ‘domestic terrorist’.

Here's crazy William Wallace impersonator talking about the SECRET CONSPIRACY OF UNDERGROUND BUNKERS AROUND THE WORLD FUNDED BY WELLS FARGO AND HSBC. He's so much into Trump halfway through he starts talking and gesturing just like him.

The video is nearly 2 minutes long so seasoned gays should be able to climax before things start getting a little too weird.

He's not too far off with banks aiming to enslave the whole world through debt.

Oh I see certain here are quick to defend the police :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Gurl, we saw the videos of them opening the gates and letting the terrorists in. We also saw them taking selfies with them.

FUCKING ACAB!
Every single video was presented without context. It's not about defending the police, it's about knowing the full facts. There's every chance that some of those police were Trump supporters who let the protesters in, but I'll wait for FACTS before judgement. That they were outnumbered is a FACT.

Judging the police action at Capitol Hill fairly doesn't mean I don't think western police forces are systematically racist and need be majorly restructured.

He's not too far off with banks aiming to enslave the whole world through debt.

I thought the same for the first TEN SECONDS of the video before he started going off about BEING SURROUNDED BY HUNDREDS OF UNDERGROUND BUNKERS.

Gurl, we saw the videos of them opening the gates and letting the terrorists in. We also saw them taking selfies with them.

They could be defensible, in the moment actions though, if it stops or minimises escalation though. That should be (and should have been) the goal at all times, especially when there is a massive imbalance in numbers, and therefore power.

It also doesn't preclude the need for wider reform. If anything, the difference in how one group was treated by police to another highlights exactly that need.

Here's crazy William Wallace impersonator talking about the SECRET CONSPIRACY OF UNDERGROUND BUNKERS AROUND THE WORLD FUNDED BY WELLS FARGO AND HSBC. He's so much into Trump halfway through he starts talking and gesturing just like him.

The video is nearly 2 minutes long so seasoned gays should be able to climax before things start getting a little too weird.

Has this twat been ARRESTED YET?

LOCK HIM UP!

There's a thin line between far left and far right. And these mugs confuse it constantly.

I reckon for some people it's easier to comprehend that their life sucks because of some sinister shadowy cabal that the world is blind to, than come to terms with the fact that it's regular people at corporations/banks/governments fucking them over in plain sight.

Last edited:
The CONVICTION some of these lunatics have in their conspiracies is astonishing. Presented without an inch of irony, and they CHANGE every day!

I note the leader of the Proud Boys has now rejected Trump since his robot speech last night, told him go fuck himself and it was never about him anyway. So fairweather!

This is the woman who died. Honestly it’s like she’s possessed. And why do so many lunatics want to record random angry rants while they’re driving?

They could be defensible, in the moment actions though, if it stops or minimises escalation though. That should be (and should have been) the goal at all times, especially when there is a massive imbalance in numbers, and therefore power.

It also doesn't preclude the need for wider reform. If anything, the difference in how one group was treated by police to another highlights exactly that need.

Exactly this. I know its a cliche at this point, but the way that police treat people (in America at least, I can't speak for the rest of the world) is so uneven

In June, at protests in downtown Atlanta, the cops had guns literally pointed at the crowds. When I went to a protest with my mom in her middle class, mostly white, suburb, the cops were giving out water and taking pictures with the crowds. It was just such a stark difference

No cop deserves sympathy. You forego that as soon as you put the badge on.

I reckon for some people it's easier to comprehend that their life sucks because of some sinister shadowy cabal that the world is blind to, than come to terms that it's regular people at corporations/banks/governments fucking them over in plain sight.
This is why conspiracy theories can be so alluring - people get halfway there in that they understand that there ARE larger structures and forces behind why they feel the alienation that they do, but by going down the conspiracy rabbit hole they're misdiagnosing what those structures are.

Reactions: RJN
This is why conspiracy theories can be so alluring - people get halfway there in that they understand that there ARE larger structures and forces behind why they feel the alienation that they do, but by going down the conspiracy rabbit hole they're misdiagnosing what those structures are.
Sometimes, though, there are also no structures at all.

It can be bad luck, or the actions of one or a small group of individuals, but the randomness of that is too scary to contemplate, so people prefer to think that there must be a powerful, well resourced cause behind it instead.

It's the same as religion. It's just human nature to be drawn to the notion of some bigger plan.

We do it too though - loads of people who hate Trump, Johnson etc like to theorise about how they're secret populist evil geniuses or political savants, when in fact they're both exactly as crass, stupid and self-serving as they appear.

This is the woman who died. Honestly it’s like she’s possessed. And why do so many lunatics want to record random angry rants while they’re driving?

and you guys are lyi- WHY YOU LYIN' :D

God her mind is going faster than Whitney on crack in that Wendy interview.

well, she's got all the time in the world to figure it out now

And why do so many lunatics want to record random angry rants while they’re driving?

In fairness, driving sometimes makes me angry, too! I suppose phone cameras are the next best thing for a rant since letters to the editor and soapboxes have gone out of fashion.

TO BE FAIR, the points she briefly sort-of-makes about homelessness and drugs in America from my experiences of visiting are BANG ON. It's just surrounded in a sea of hysterical gibberish!

It doesn't help when our leaders on the left say things like "America is already great." Ignoring people's legitimate problems and grievances is just going to make them more angry

Oh I see certain here are quick to defend the police :eyes::eyes::eyes:

FUCKING ACAB!
On top of that, it’s America we’re talking about. Not saying it wouldn’t be stupid but we’re led to believe that American forces are so patriotic (instilled in them at training) that protecting the sanctity of Capitol Hill would be, you’d think, high priority. Especially if your specific job is to, you know, stand in front of and protect Capital Hill. Not saying they would have been successful but there wasn’t even any attempt to stop them.

there’s footage of some defence happening inside, but outside it appears that the police couldn’t give a fuck. Plus there’s the selfies.

It’s surprising how easy they got in, is all. That will surely be evaluated by the FBI etc. A country that prides itself on its domestic security. I mean, lolz.

TO BE FAIR, the points she briefly sort-of-makes about homelessness and drugs in America from my experiences of visiting are BANG ON. It's just surrounded in a sea of hysterical gibberish!
Totally true even from my very limited experience of visiting USA tourist spots. I’m not well versed in each side’s policies on drugs and homelessness, so what exactly is the Republican/Trump stance?

Surely a lot of the issues stem from chucking people in jail for getting caught with cannabis on their third strike, and the fact that a wealthy white college kid can get a slap on the wrist for the exact same “crime” compared to a black person from the other side of the tracks who will have their whole life ruined.

I reckon for some people it's easier to comprehend that their life sucks because of some sinister shadowy cabal that the world is blind to, than come to terms with the fact that it's regular people at corporations/banks/governments fucking them over in plain sight.

I used to feel that way, but I don't anymore. I think this sort of argument affords these people too much empathy, ascribes motivations greater than racism to them, and presumes that they all happen to be poor, white working class folk. Which, judging from the videos of loads of them relaxing in fancy hotel foyers afterwards, they are not.

I think it’s more the fact that she blames the democrats for that as opposed to the wider problem of America’s social system being a complete shitshow. She gives no evidence as to why it’s specifically the democrats fault, particularly when it’s her guy who’s been in charge for 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom