The USA: Trump-Biden Transition - attempted coup + Trump IMPEACHED (AGAIN!)

I did read something about him looking into launching a new party called "The Patriot Party" :eyes: Maybe he should! It would only split the Republican vote, I'd imagine.

Does anyone think that the Republicans would want him back? Is it a possibility?

Financially, he will benefit most from making his own party surely? He would be in total control of the donations etc. So I imagine that would be his thought process.

Who'd have thought the departure of such a subdued President would provoke 50 pages plus on Moopy.

I was thinking of the party itself. I was sure the braindead voters would want him back.

I don't think the idea of the "party" having control really applies here. For all of the talk of rigging, its pretty much down to what voters/politicians/Fox News/donors want

The fact that Gaga is mentioned in the title of the main article covering this in our biggest news portal.
2_Lady-gaga.jpg

Oh I'd love to go back. Admittedly it was New York 20 years ago, but it was utterly fabulous.

I don't think the idea of the "party" having control really applies here. For all of the talk of rigging, its pretty much down to what voters/politicians/Fox News/donors want

This clearly shows my ineptitude with whatever has to do with American politics. I can never wrap my head around them no matter how many episodes of House Of Cards I watch.

Watching US politics YouTubers has given me more insight into American politics than anything before.

I've realised how much I never want to even visit this country (sorry, @RJN - it's not personal, you're lovely)

:D I understand this

Oh I'd love to go back. Admittedly it was New York 20 years ago, but it was utterly fabulous.

I think America is a great place to live for 75% of the population and and utter hell for the remaining 25% (those numbers are made up, but I think my point makes sense)

The Republican party is of course now very damaged. Which is nice.

Well, this is the question I posed earlier on...is this a major division, a major shift? If Trump does form a splinter party, would his cult sustain with no actual power - or any real prospect of power - behind it? How much of the allure was "doing anything we want" ? I don't think Trump can thrive in opposition because he's absolutely useless at explaining why he thinks something is bad or inappropriate without falling back on waffle and lies.

But - how much a splinter needs to come off to make a long term difference? A few planks? A couple of hundred miles of useless border fencing? I wouldn't be able to quantify it.

Well, this is the question I posed earlier on...is this a major division, a major shift? If Trump does form a splinter party, would his cult sustain with no actual power - or any real prospect of power - behind it? How much of the allure was "doing anything we want" ? I don't think Trump can thrive in opposition because he's absolutely useless at explaining why he thinks something is bad or inappropriate without falling back on waffle and lies.

But - how much a splinter needs to come off to make a long term difference? A few planks? A couple of hundred miles of useless border fencing? I wouldn't be able to quantify it.
In short - it's way too early to tell.

I think America is a great place to live for 75% of the population and and utter hell for the remaining 25% (those numbers are made up, but I think my point makes sense)

This is similar to the UK - if the Tories can keep 40-42% of the population happy, they can maintain power. If everyone else is suffering, so what? They don;t care, something that has once again gone from implicit to explicit.

It will take this actual happening to see how much of an effect it has. It is so hard to predict, especially for a group of people that make decisions on pure emotion and anger

I can't Trump returning to politics tbh. He likes to win. He won't return to a field where he's lost.

This is similar to the UK - if the Tories can keep 40-42% of the population happy, they can maintain power. If everyone else is suffering, so what? They don;t care, something that has once again gone from implicit to explicit.

I can't speak for the UK, but I don't really think that Republicans are doing well and Democrats are doing badly here (in regards to quality of life). If anything, a lot of people with very high quality of life are Democrats.

I recognize this is a very privileged thing to say, but Trump's presidency has not meaningfully negatively impacted my life (beyond the stress of seeing other's live's effected)

Oh I’d love Trump to form a splinter party. His supporters probably make up at least half the Republican vote. They’ll never get back into power on a 3 way ticket.

I learnt all my knowledge of US politics from The West Wing, still the best scripted television show of all time. Ever. @RJN have you ever watched it?

I learnt all my knowledge of US politics from The West Wing, still the best scripted television show of all time. Ever. @RJN have you ever watched it?

Ah! I was thinking of things to bingwatch next. This will go on the list after Schitt's Creek. Great!

I watched it in middle school but I didn't understand a lot of it. I really need to give it a rewatch. I LOVE Veep but The West Wing (and House of Cards) are on my list

Oh Veep is fucking fabulous, one of the funniest shows ever made. If any subject was ever primed for a pisstake it’s US politics.

I love that Innucci basically said he cancelled the show because you can’t mock a government that’s already more absurd than the show itself (referring to Trump). Tragically true.

Reactions: RJN
I have tried to get into Veep so many times and failed miserably. I know I should love it.

Oh Veep is fucking fabulous, one of the funniest shows ever made. If any subject was ever primed for a pisstake it’s US politics.

I love that Innucci basically said he cancelled the show because you can’t mock a government that’s already more absurd than the show itself (referring to Trump). Tragically true.

I know it’s childish but ‘shut your mouth you fat girl’ is such a great line :D

Reactions: RJN
I can’t find the exact video right this second, but Amy’s breakdown (at Selena) is one of my top tv moments of all time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom