The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Our school's local hospital gave the green light for all our staff to be vaccinated, so I had it on Tuesday (Astra)

Mrs. Indie got AstraZenica'ed on Thursday. Then she spent all night awake with a fever, followed by a full day of not leaving bed.

Fun times

This is exactly what happened to me. My arm is still sore but I know that our lord and saviour William Gates will make it all better. The dawn is near.

Glad you boys are now getting vaccinated. I still think you should have been one of the first to be vaccinated, and it is ridiculous that you have been left on the front line whilst at major risk. You both must be so relieved.

Glad you boys are now getting vaccinated. I still think you should have been one of the first to be vaccinated, and it is ridiculous that you have been left on the front line whilst at major risk. You both must be so relieved.

Thank you! :) Very pleased!!

How many countries have now suspended the AZ vaccine? I’m surprised notorious ANTIVAX France still hasn’t jumped ship.

This OLD BITCH is still waiting on her FIRST.

45114cbe5d46e9ce2061f84bf40a5f70.gif

After BRAGGING of the socials, I realised how annoying it is when people do that, when others are still waiting.

They've opened a HUB in the NOVOTEL two minutes from me. Slightly disappointed I probably won't get to use it.

I was a little surprised that they used a SMALL ROOM for the vaccinations when I went. The stadium has a huge conference hall, which would have been slightly more dramatic. They may as well have used ANY OFFICE or HALL.

Also there was no queue when I went, surely they should be maxxing out the opportunity for as many people to get jabbed.

my local mosque is being used as a vaccination centre to get the community vaccinated, but i still don't meet the criteria. i'm desperate for it now (as i'm sure everyone else is, ofc)

What is going on with this Oxford vaccine? Test after test after test, every clinical body (even the EU’s own) coming out saying there is no evidence of severe side effects including blood clots, and STILL there are local governments putting out statements saying there are concerns.

I’m naive enough to think that they wouldn’t make vaccines a political weapon. But they are, aren’t they?

What is going on with this Oxford vaccine? Test after test after test, every clinical body (even the EU’s own) coming out saying there is no evidence of severe side effects including blood clots, and STILL there are local governments putting out statements saying there are concerns.

I’m naive enough to think that they wouldn’t make vaccines a political weapon. But they are, aren’t they?

I have been wondering whether it is an attempt to make a scapegoat for slow rollout programs. It just seems so counterproductive to stop using it. There's been 37 recorded instances of blood clots and 17 million doses given in the EU and UK. It's such a negligible amount and within normal parameters for the vaccinated population. And how many people will die as a result of not giving the vaccine?

I am slightly worried because my dad has a history of blood clots and is on blood thinners for life now. He had the Pfizer anyway so he’s fine, but I’ve never actually been tested to see if I’m susceptible. I don’t even know if blood clotting is hereditary.

I guess I could ask my GP, oh WAIT

I am slightly worried because my dad has a history of blood clots and is on blood thinners for life now. He had the Pfizer anyway so he’s fine, but I’ve never actually been tested to see if I’m susceptible. I don’t even know if blood clotting is hereditary.

I guess I could ask my GP, oh WAIT

The rate of people getting blood clots with the AZ jab is lower than the rate of PEOPLE JUST GETTING BLOOD CLOTS FOR NO REASON*

Stop getting worried about something that doesn't exist. That's how rumours and panic starts.

*(well, not *no* reason, but just general prevalence in the population)

The rate of people getting blood clots with the AZ jab is lower than the rate of PEOPLE JUST GETTING BLOOD CLOTS FOR NO REASON*

Stop getting worried about something that doesn't exist. That's how rumours and panic starts.

This is my concern now, that people are going to refuse the vaccine for fear of a blood clot, even if the European countries reinstate its use. They are playing with people's lives and playing into the hands of the anti-vaxxers. Of course if there was strong evidence of a link, its use should be suspended, but this feels like a very heavy-handed approach.

Ironically, the UK press's hatred for the EU means that the headlines today were very dismissive of the fears so hopefully it won't infiltrate into the UK psyche too much :D

I'd never normally quote Dr. Hilary Jones but he did say one high risk of getting blood clots is pregnancy, and that doesn't stop people from wanting to get pregnant.

Anyway, my brother had a stroke last year because of his condition that causes blood clots and he's had the Pfizer jab already.

The instance of blood clots is vastly lower than that found with the pill and we don't see any calls for that to be banned, eh?

Had my A-Z today, an hour ago. No effects yet, apart from the obvious achey arm that you get with any vaccine. Fingers crossed for nothing more.

Did anyone else not get their second vaccine date? All friends/family that I know have been given a second appointment but when I asked they fobbed me off with 'we don't know about the supply for 10-12 weeks time'...

Other than that though, it was an amazing experience. In and out in less than 5 minutes. Very impressed.

Love the way the doctors and medics here have got the Pfizer while us mere mortals got A-Z :D

It seems like the Pfizer people were given their follow up date straight away. Not sure if that specific to Pfizer but recent AZ people are just told to keep an eye on their texts/mails

Had my A-Z today, an hour ago. No effects yet, apart from the obvious achey arm that you get with any vaccine. Fingers crossed for nothing more.

Did anyone else not get their second vaccine date? All friends/family that I know have been given a second appointment but when I asked they fobbed me off with 'we don't know about the supply for 10-12 weeks time'...

Other than that though, it was an amazing experience. In and out in less than 5 minutes. Very impressed.

Did you have it done at the stadium?

I wasn't given the next appointment (pfizer), I'm waiting to hear but both my parents (AZ) immediately had theirs booked.

Is it a change of policy thing? More recent first jabs not being given a specific date?

Mr Kate is booked for his first next week and the website made him book the second one at the same time.

If the rate of blood clots with the vaccine is lower than the rate of blood clots in the general population, does that means that the vaccine PREVENTS blood clots? Those scientists really are very clever.

If the rate of blood clots with the vaccine is lower than the rate of blood clots in the general population, does that means that the vaccine PREVENTS blood clots? Those scientists really are very clever.

It also prevents coronavirus. What DOESN'T it do?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom