The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
STILL no word on my turn. I’m 39 and now the only person I know without a jab as all the younger people seem to either have underlying conditions or they are friends with workers at vaccination centres.

Charlotte%2BUnhappy.jpg

Interesting that it changed at midnight. Does that mean we should all stay up past midnight from now as we get close to our category?

I think there seems to be good availability considering how quickly they're reducing the age groups. So I think you'd be OK just to check first thing in the morning.

Ooh so at this rate, cross fingers, will be able to book on Tuesday !

Interesting that it changed at midnight. Does that mean we should all stay up past midnight from now as we get close to our category?
As far as I can tell, the system itself changed at about 7PM/8PM, news announced at midnight, webpage updated 7AM.

These are all similar timings to the 45+ change.

We had our biggest day for jabs yesterday here in Iceland - 12,000(the equivalent of about 2m in the UK..yes I know we're tiny). There's been a lot of criticism for how the roll out has dragged here but they are definitely powering through this now.

They're aiming to get through everyone by June.

They’ve finally announced the roll out plan for different ages. I should be able to get an appointment after May 17.

I forwarded my email confirming my jab to my GP but they've not acknowledged it, and I just got a text inviting me to book my NHS jab. UGH I'm going to have to phone them aren't I :argh:

I forwarded my email confirming my jab to my GP but they've not acknowledged it, and I just got a text inviting me to book my NHS jab. UGH I'm going to have to phone them aren't I :argh:

Can you not just ignore it?

Well I want to make sure that it's on my records that I've been vaccinated! Since they're probably going to bring in these stupid passports at some point.

Well I want to make sure that it's on my records that I've been vaccinated! Since they're probably going to bring in these stupid passports at some point.

Ah good point. I didn’t think of that.

They’ve finally announced the roll out plan for different ages. I should be able to get an appointment after May 17.
Miss Macron announced the 15th of June here. Meanwhile plenty of jabs are available and just waiting in many vaccination centers because fucking boomers are not rushing to get vaccinated :manson:

• Sad
Reactions: COB
Miss Macron announced the 15th of June here. Meanwhile plenty of jabs are available and just waiting in many vaccination centers because fucking boomers are not rushing to get vaccinated :manson:

Same here. They were turning their noses up at AZ and then they lowered the age to 40+ in order to get rid of the extras.

Guys it’s been 48 hours now and I still feel rough as fuck :evil: I’d better be swimming in antibodies after this

I understand the phrase “I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck” now. Every inch of my body was in agony yesterday. It’s definitely not as bad today but I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere until tomorrow earliest.

Guys it’s been 48 hours now and I still feel rough as fuck :evil: I’d better be swimming in antibodies after this

I understand the phrase “I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck” now. Every inch of my body was in agony yesterday. It’s definitely not as bad today but I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere until tomorrow earliest.

Sounds like you might have actually had covid before, bebs

Do you know I read about that, that people who’ve had it before have worse reactions.

I felt like I had a flu/viral infection for about 48-72 hours after my first jab (AZ) but was ok with it as I knew why and that it’s worth it. Haven’t had second yet.

Last edited:
I know our bodies must be reacting for a reason but the varying degrees do seem quite random. For both Pfizer and Astra Zeneca some people seem to feel rough after the first jab, some after the second and the unlucky after both.

I didn't feel too bad after my first Pfizer jab, very tired and a bit headachy the next day, but after the second I just had the arm ache (which I didn't get first time). The nurse doing my second jab said I might have a similar reaction to the first but someone else st work was told they may feel worse.

Do you know I read about that, that people who’ve had it before have worse reactions.
It’s weird. Surely logic says that if you’ve had Covid then your immune system should remember how to fight it more than someone who hasn’t. Or is that not necessarily true? Also all the old people I know who have had both jabs were absolutely fine and it’s the under-50s that have had the worst reactions.

I think the theory is if you’ve had it before then your immune system recognises it in the vaccine and goes mental trying to fight it?

I don’t think it’s a rule though. My friend had an awful reaction for several days and she was basically a hermit for the last year and is 99% sure she never had it.

Yes it appears to be mostly random so I’m so interested to see what research reveals in years to come.

I’m now the only person I know over 30 who has not had the first jab yet which is bizarre. All of the under-50s I know who have, it’s pretty much been a 50/50 split of who has reacted badly and who hasn’t, with no real correlation between their age, gender, race or underlying conditions.

A friend of mine (36) has just been called up for her jab because the local authority is well ahead.

Whereas where I live, we're on 57% of the adult population compared to 66% nationally. Yay!

I've heard of people in their 30s who live nearby in London being called up, but my GP surgery is a bit of a shambles so I don't have much faith if they're the ones organising it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom