The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's only that one comment section right?

That's the only one I saw. But that screenshot is a post from a Moderator and it's pinned at the top of a thread with thousands of comments.

Although Reddit is kinda complicated. Each subreddit is basically its own COUNTRY

There were stories going around the likes of Reddit that the footballer who collapsed on the pitch last week has just recently had his vaccination. That turned out to be false, someone put a statement out saying it was false, then he himself denied it and said he was not yet vaccinated.

the stories and rumours continued.

they read what they want to read, and cannot be sensible or careful or balanced. So yes they are dangerous.

Just rebooked my second jab for 3.5 weeks earlier.

Yes, it's the day before i come back from holiday for work, but fuck it.

It's a tricky one. The /r/coronavirusuk mods are strict AS FUCK and have very itchy delete post fingers indeed. But I think I agree with their stance here assuming it's the same sub. Based on my visits there I don't think they would ban honest, good faith concerns (like say, asking about the safety of AZ). They would ban antivax narratives (whether overt or too obviously trying to hide it as Just Asking Questions) because they know a lot of people use that sub and swallow everything that's posted without question and so it'd be dangerous.

let's be honest, when someone has a firm antivax stance, and isn't just genuinely worried, they tend to have a narrative and a fixed position you won't be able to shift them from in a month of Sundays. But people who are just a bit concerned needn't assume the antivax label applies to them.

I've postponed my first Pfizer shot for 2 weeks later.
Still no Moderna availability in my nearest town, so my options were either Pfizer or Johnson.
Astra Zeneca is now only for people over 60 here while 2 months ago it was only for people under 44.

I've postponed my first Pfizer shot for 2 weeks later.
Still no Moderna availability in my nearest town, so my options were either Pfizer or Johnson.
Astra Zeneca is now only for people over 60 here while 2 months ago it was only for people under 44.

Do you not want Pfizer? Why not?

I've read the UK's summary reporting of yellow flags that was updated last Thursday and got a little worried, then there were two incidents with it in the area that I live in here in Greece during this past week and tbh these people were not that much older than me.

My appointment is for next Thursday but we don’t have Pfizer so I’ll probably end up taking Moderna for my second shot.

My appointment is for next Thursday but we don’t have Pfizer so I’ll probably end up taking Moderna for my second shot.

Did you have Moderna or Pfizer for your first dose? I don’t think mixing them works? :confused:

I don't see in all reasonableness why you can't mix them. The UK government seems unusually cautious on that point.

Pfizer. The government here is saying you can mix them.
A doctor was asked on a phone in on something I was watching if he could wait and request the Pfizer for his second dose as he has been unwell for weeks since his first dose of the Oxford vaccine, and she said she would advise against mixing vaccines as it would likely be uneffective.

A doctor was asked on a phone in on something I was watching if he could wait and request the Pfizer for his second dose as he has been unwell for weeks since his first dose of the Oxford vaccine, and she said she would advise against mixing vaccines as it would likely be uneffective.
I understand that there's just not enough research at the moment, but from what I've read the expectation is that mixing them may make them more effective, but the side effects may be increased

I am by no means an expert! Just relaying what a doctor said in a phone in on *ahem* This Morning.

Our Medical Officer seems to think they’re the same (even for AZ they’re recommending getting one of the other two for second shot)

I understand that there's just not enough research at the moment, but from what I've read the expectation is that mixing them may make them more effective, but the side effects may be increased

well this makes me want to go get a pfizer shot as well, to compliment my moderna. That may not actually be how it works though

Pfizer & Moderna have the same mechanism of action so I would imagine that you could mix them but mixing either with AZ is an unknown. I would think you could mix AZ and Janssen though.

Did anyone getting the Pfizer have any side effects? I have the second jab in 9 days and I'm convinced I won't, but as long I don't become a werewolf it's ok.

Good thing about the vaccinations is, from what I understand, they're more effective than natural immunity.

This makes sense with a few anecdotes I've seen recently of groups of people who caught Alpha or original, now getting reinfected with Delta (sometimes symptomatically but not seriously). But not so much of people catching it who are double vaccinated.

Just got back from my second jab :disco:

it’s like a ticking time bomb waiting for the effects to kick in! I’ve heard so many conflicting stories about the second jab, some people saying it’s as bad as the first but they get over it quicker, some saying they hardly had any problems the second time.

Anyway I’m all stocked up on soup and paracetamol... if you don’t hear from me tomorrow please call the doctor thank you xx

So far the reaction has been nothing like the first. Sleeping lots, but no flu symptoms. I think I feel the symptoms of a very slightly fuzzy head / headache and a slightly tender arm, but barely noticeable.

24 hours in so promising but not there yet!

*sleeps for 3 days*

Run into a lot of my distant family members yesterday, apparently they have all had their two doses of Pfizer already, with none to a few mild side effects such as headache and a little fever following the second. They said the side effects last shortly and stop within the same day that they appear, or the following morning.

More on mixing your jabs. TL;DR - Go for it.

I had two doses of AZ and zero reaction to both, Not even a sore arm. Same for my sister, except some slight marking and tenderness on her second jab around the puncture point. My elder brother got 2x Pfizer and also no reaction to either despite having several comorbidities.

Looks like Pfizer is likely to be the autumn booster for me.

One thing we did notice and anecdotally have heard from friends is that reactions to jabs are more likely if the nurse doesn't make a clean job of it. I didn't even get a wad of cotton wool to dab either time. My sister did on her second jab. If blood is drawn, then reactions seem almost inevitable. For those who felt ill afterwards, how was the actual jab - clean or did you get a plaster?

Clean jab and had the shivers with AZ

second jab is on Saturday and based on the reports I'd be more than happy for it to be Pfizer, but I'll take whatever they'll stick in me (nothing new there)

Not liking this second Pfizer dose compared to the first. Headaches kicked in about 24 hours in and keep coming and going.

it is weird how the second Pfizer is worse but the second Astra is better, for most people. I was mostly fine from mine, albeit very tired for a couple of days. But nothing compared to the first time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom