The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh and also, I don't think I would be "FRONT OF THE QUEUE, PLEASE", but I reckon I'm probably the same level of severity as a medium serious asthma sufferer.

Oh and also, I don't think I would be "FRONT OF THE QUEUE, PLEASE", but I reckon I'm probably the same level of severity as a medium serious asthma sufferer.

I wonder if you could have a conversation with your gp along these lines. Although perhaps not yet as they're just getting going with it all, but maybe in a few months time

I thought there was a suggestion that unpaid carers be given a higher priority, but I think perhaps you need to be in receipt of Carer's Allowance to qualify.

Only natural for you to weigh things up and feel like you're in a bit of a sticky situation, especially considering the medical diagnosis/misdiagnosis odyssey you have been on, @Sheena.

I wonder if you could have a conversation with your gp along these lines. Although perhaps not yet as they're just getting going with it all, but maybe in a few months time

Yeah, this is where my head is at with it, I think. They ain't even going to know about that second wave yet, which is where I believe I probably should be. I'll try that.

THANKS FOR LISTENING MOOPY

I also have acid reflux and get airway problems with it, mainly an annoying reflux cough. Also had to give up chocolate entirely because it made me feel like I couldnt breathe properly. I would never assume that this means I have serious lung problems though. And I'm a hypochondriac...

I also have acid reflux and get airway problems with it, mainly an annoying reflux cough. Also had to give up chocolate entirely because it made me feel like I couldnt breathe properly. I would never assume that this means I have serious lung problems though. And I'm a hypochondriac...

I'm not sure if that is aimed at me in a "don't be so silly" way. I don't think I have serious lung problems. At all. If that's what you're saying. But at least twice a week I have an episode where I absolutely can't breathe. (My body hates chocolate too, by the way!). Anyway, I wake up in the night at least twice a week gasping for breath and right myself and am generally ok. I climb my three flights of stairs and 90% of the time am absolutely fine (I'm relatively "fit" for a chubby funster) but 10% of the time I can't catch my breath cause the acid has bubbled up. Every time I exercise cardio wise, at the end of the sprint after a 5k run, I am absolutely gasping in a way I always think "this could be it, this could be the end".

Now, this is the point- no one knows WHAT is properly causing everything to do with that or has properly investigated it. I've been pushed from pillar to post and been told at various points I had a hiatus hernia, Barrett's Syndrome, a faulty valve...and on it goes. The acid reflux breathing is NOT that common at the level I have it- which means it could be the acid splashing into my lungs and causing the issue. Which DOES make it a lung problem. Quite simply, my point is that if I am having those problems with breathing, is COVID going to be a probelm? I said it earlier- I don't THINK it fits, but I really don't know...

Last edited:
Were you ever advised to shield originally, Shee?

Were you ever advised to shield originally, Shee?

Oh not at all! As I said, I don't think I'm in the TOP TIER at all, it would be the secondary level- and people with medium asthma etc. weren't ask to shield, right?

Having said all of this, I also don't think my issues would be on ANYONE'S radar to even think about this as a point for me. The breathing issues aren't really what is registering, if that makes sense- it's classed as a stomach issue.

Ok, well it does sound more severe than your original post suggested. I'm assuming you've tried medication then and it didn't help? I had to make some severe lifestyle changes and have it under control to some degree - unless I'm being too lax about what and when I eat and what kind of exercise I do...

And I know the feeling when you wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air, thankfully that hasn't happened in a few years.

Oh not at all! As I said, I don't think I'm in the TOP TIER at all, it would be the secondary level- and people with medium asthma etc. weren't ask to shield, right?

Having said all of this, I also don't think my issues would be on ANYONE'S radar to even think about this as a point for me. The breathing issues aren't really what is registering, if that makes sense- it's classed as a stomach issue.

I imagine you'll be categorised depending on what diagnosis is listed on your medical records, because surgeries will run lists according to that.

If you think the breathing thing may be overlooked (even though accepted), then I do think it's worth speaking your GP like Star says, as you don't want to fall through the cracks.

Ok, well it does sound more severe than your original post suggested. I'm assuming you've tried medication then and it didn't help? I had to make some severe lifestyle changes and have it under control to some degree - unless I'm being too lax about what and when I eat and what kind of exercise I do...

I have been on either Omeprazole/ Pantoprazole for about 10 years. And yes, I have made lifestyle changes (admittedly on and off, but for extended periods of time) and though it's vaguely under control in terms of not being in agony and able to go about my day to day business, I still have flare ups that truly make me suffer. And there's not always a pattern- yes, a night on the drink and I'm in trouble the next day, but last night went to bed finding I couldn't swallow and struggling to breathe after a dinner of vegetable cous cous. At my February endoscopy, the doctor told me I had a lax valve and that I'd probably been misdiagnosed years ago and I would need an operation to fix it and that could very well be the end of the problems (the operation is one where they put magnets around your oesophagus and nothing comes back up) but it's been a nightmare to get that followed up on. For someone who has, admittedly, always been overweight (but not at obese levels), I confess that felt like validation that nothing I could do myself would actually work. I've been a lot thinner and always fairly active, but still the same issues- and in the last year I've been super fit (well, for me, anyway) and still NADA. The last 2 years have just gotten worse and worse- I get through a bottle of Gaviscon Advance a week EASILY and no matter what I do, nothing seems to change that.

And I know the feeling when you wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air, thankfully that hasn't happened in a few years.

It's WEIRDLY comforting to actually speak to someone with something similar going on...so even if you WERE questioning me earlier on, THANKS :D

I imagine you'll be categorised depending on what diagnosis is listed on your medical records, because surgeries will run lists according to that.

If you think the breathing thing may be overlooked (even though accepted), then I do think it's worth speaking your GP like Star says, as you don't want to fall through the cracks.

Yeah, it's been rumbling about in my head for a while about what to do- as I keep saying, I really am almost EMBARRASSED (so British) about feeling I'm trying to push in, but also worried because I really don't know if I am at risk or not, for the reasons listed above.

You probably know this already, but a "medium" asthma sufferer ain't even on the list yet. Even if you do manage to get ahead of say, me, it sounds like you'll be waiting until April/May anyway.

You probably know this already, but a "medium" asthma sufferer ain't even on the list yet. Even if you do manage to get ahead of say, me, it sounds like you'll be waiting until April/May anyway.

I did say that about fifteen times so far :D

Gaviscon Advance forum NOW! It's my night cap these days. I'm on pantoprazole. It's funny you mention veg cous cous. Unfortunately some vegetables can be quite risky for me, my last bad episode was caused by endive salad :goodgrief:

I was actually convinced I had Covid because I was coughing for two days!

Oh and that surgery sounds like the Linx ring, I've read some glowing testimonies for it, but also some absolute horror stories...

Gaviscon Advance forum NOW! It's my night cap these days. I'm on pantoprazole. It's funny you mention veg cous cous. Unfortunately some vegetables can be quite risky for me, my last bad episode was caused by endive salad :goodgrief:

I was actually convinced I had Covid because I was coughing for two days!

Maybe I need to spend more time looking at what sets me off. It doesn't necessarily feel like a pattern- I know obvious things (wine, spicy food, tomato dishes, chocolate) are going to be fuck me over, but then other times, there just doesn't seem to be a pattern at all. Maybe you've spent more time trying to iron out what makes you feel bad- in honesty, I did at first but nothing seemed to work and I kind of gave up. I've read loads of books which talk about "silent reflux" (which I think is actually what I have, but long story...) and the diet suggestion is crippling- it's literally FUCK ALL of interest. Maybe that's just the way it is for me, but I'm not willing to entirely give up the joy of food for that until they've exhausted the route of sorting it out once and for all.

TOTALLY gave up caffeine though, and then when I randomly decided to have a Diet Coke a couple of times a few years later with a hangover it fucked me up and I got all tense, on edge and freaked out proper badly that it gave me a panic attack, so that was nice. At least I can say that's one thing I managed to fully cut out. :D

Oh and HOT GAVISCON CHAT:

Only the Advance works and only the liquid. Literally nothing else- none of the own brands and not the normal Gaviscon- for me. The new peppermint > aniseed EVERY FUCKING TIME, though.

AND WHY IS IT ABOUT £300 A BOTTLE?

Oh and that surgery sounds like the Linx ring, I've read some glowing testimonies for it, but also some absolute horror stories...

Yeah, it is. Which is a fairly new thing. I confess, I was told, did the Googling about a year ago and decided I really wanted it. I haven't seen any horror stories at all, but then I didn't do that much investigation as I don't know if that's what I'll get.

Also re: Cough. I get an occasional one, but it's fairly rare. I get a bit of heartburn but, again, not THAT much- it's breathing, constant post-nasal drip, difficulty swallowing and feeling there's a lump in my throat. Always feel the acid in the back of my throat when I sleep too- and I sleep on a raised pillow wedge thing. Tried raising the bed but just did my head in- couldn't deal with lying at that weird angle.

I'm PETRIFIED I'll get bad breath as that's supposedly a thing with it all so properly breathe over Mr Sheena and make him to test it about twice a day, but thankfully it's been ok :D

Oh I had to say goodbye to coffee as well, luckily I can tolerate green tea.
The first 6 months were tough, I lost three stone because there was fuck all I was able to eat. I had trouble swallowing (not that kind of swallowing) as well, that was fun. I lived on potatoes, rice and steamed veg with the occasional soy yogurt. It was utterly depressing. I also despaired at the silent reflux diet books. I switched meds a few times since omeprazole did fuck all and esomeprazole gave me blurry vision. Thankfully I can get by on panto and try to not think about lovely potential side effects down the road, but I can't be arsed to restrict my diet like I did during that time...

Also re: Cough. I get an occasional one, but it's fairly rare. I get a bit of heartburn but, again, not THAT much- it's breathing, constant post-nasal drip, difficulty swallowing and feeling there's a lump in my throat. Always feel the acid in the back of my throat when I sleep too- and I sleep on a raised pillow wedge thing. Tried raising the bed but just did my head in- couldn't deal with lying at that weird angle.

I'm PETRIFIED I'll get bad breath as that's supposedly a thing with it all so properly breathe over Mr Sheena and make him to test it about twice a day, but thankfully it's been ok :D

I also have a wedge pillow :D I have the mucus thing in my throat and a cough these days. Thankfully no lump anymore or the feeling of getting strangled!

Oh I had to say goodbye to coffee as well, luckily I can tolerate green tea.
The first 6 months were tough, I lost three stone because there was fuck all I was able to eat. I had trouble swallowing (not that kind of swallowing) as well, that was fun. I lived on potatoes, rice and steamed veg with the occasional soy yogurt. It was utterly depressing. I also despaired at the silent reflux diet books. I switched meds a few times since omeprazole did fuck all and esomeprazole gave me blurry vision. Thankfully I can get by on panto and try to not think about lovely potential side effects down the road, but I can't be arsed to restrict my diet like I did during that time...

Oh weird- I love soy yogurt but find that is a trigger for me. As much as normal yogurts are. I wish I had lost the damned three stone though :D

Yeah, the PPI side effects are another reason I'd love an op. It really does feel like a light at the end of the tunnel, if I can just get some cunt to drive the train through it!

I think we've spammed this vaccine thread with enough of this hot reflux chat now, we should probably stop!

Indeed. Still, I know where I need to go when I finally persuade them to give me the LINX and I want some horror stories :disco:

Oh, actually, final question- do you burp a lot? Never did, but the last few months that's got WORSE AND WORSE as well.

My bf told me the other day "when I go back to Russia to visit my family, I will take Russian vaccine"

I wonder if he will mutate into a dominant muscle top

I thought all Russians were dominant muscle tops. Has the propaganda lied to me? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom