The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Someone needs to bring Dance Witch Abortion and Bluejeans back to update the poll.

Queen Macron (yes, you read that right, I said Queen!) just made vaccines mandatory for health workers. Vaccine (or negative test) also mandatory to have access to bars, restaurants and events with 50+ people.

Shit day for French anti-vaxxers :)

Queen Macron (yes, you read that right, I said Queen!) just made vaccines mandatory for health workers. Vaccine (or negative test) also mandatory to have access to bars, restaurants and events with 50+ people.

Imagine trying to convice the Tories to apply this kind of logic and common sense to the UK. I THINK NOT!

even though I had already suspected it I was kind of shocked to see that masks aren't mandatory at the vaccination centre

vaccination or negative test is required for indoors seating at bars and restaurants though. because so many people are inside during summer :)

I only got my vaccine this early because of Romanian anti-vaxxers

thank you 🙏

She did the right thing. At least les vaccinés can g

She did the right thing. At least les vaccinés can get on with their lives. If you didn't get your two doses by now... maybe you just didn't want freedom enough.

The much feted company jabs have apparently had STOCKING ISSUES so people scheduled for their first ones later than me are out of luck :o they’ll just have to get the government one.

fortunately that doesn’t affect chubby legends like me who already got theirs

Second Pfizer jab this morning so now just sitting and asking myself every five minutes if I'm feeling okay.
I think my hand is aching more than the last time but other than that I'm feeling no different so far. Maybe a little more tired/lethargic but that's also because of the heat.

I found and booked a place for tomorrow morning that is doing walk-in second jabs at earlier than eight weeks interval. I'm quite keen in particular because i'm due to go to a wedding on 30th June and feel like it is inevitable that COVID will be floating about there.

The only thing that is making me hesitant is that i've heard getting second jabs at earlier than eight weeks can reduce their effectiveness in the longer term. I'm currently just over six weeks after my first jab... so getting my second jab tomorrow would be about 12 days earlier than recommended.

I guess it's a case of weighing up short and long term benefits? Does our resident expert @Cloud have any opinions?

I found and booked a place for tomorrow morning that is doing walk-in second jabs at earlier than eight weeks interval. I'm quite keen in particular because i'm due to go to a wedding on 30th June and feel like it is inevitable that COVID will be floating about there.

The only thing that is making me hesitant is that i've heard getting second jabs at earlier than eight weeks can reduce their effectiveness in the longer term. I'm currently just over six weeks after my first jab... so getting my second jab tomorrow would be about 12 days earlier than recommended.

I guess it's a case of weighing up short and long term benefits? Does our resident expert @Cloud have any opinions?
I had six weeks between mine. Thought it was standard?

Wouldn't say I'm an expert!

What I do know is that you're not currently allowed to get your second jab less than 8 weeks after the first in the UK, they will turn you away (or they're meant to, some have done it early and got a bollocking). Otherwise I'd have said it's close enough

Plenty of countries are doing six weeks. The NHS gave me my second Pfizer at six weeks two days. If you're definitely going to the wedding, and if you aren't particularly vulnerable, I'd go for it.

Wouldn't say I'm an expert!

What I do know is that you're not currently allowed to get your second jab less than 8 weeks after the first in the UK, they will turn you away (or they're meant to, some have done it early and got a bollocking). Otherwise I'd have said it's close enough

tenor.gif

Our whole model is based on three weeks between jabs here. Obviously will take longer to give a higher proportion of the population any kind of safety, but given no community cases currently I guess it doesn’t matter. But based on our sticking to the rules attitude, I can’t imagine that would be the whole basis of vaccination if it wasn’t effective to do a second jab after three weeks?

3 weeks Pfizer
4 weeks Moderna
6 weeks AZ

That's the minimum amount of time in between shots to guarantee solid vaccination after the second jab here. And they're very much pressing ahead with that, trying to get as many as possible vaxxed until school resumes in September/ while cases are still fairly low.

But they're hardly using AZ for second jabs anymore and offer people to Pfizer or Moderna. Apparently AZ followed by an mrna has shown better results than two jabs of AZ.

3 weeks Pfizer
4 weeks Moderna
6 weeks AZ

That's the minimum amount of time in between shots to guarantee solid vaccination after the second jab here. And they're very much pressing ahead with that, trying to get as many as possible vaxxed until school resumes in September/ while cases are still fairly low.

But they're hardly using AZ for second jabs anymore and offer people to Pfizer or Moderna. Apparently AZ followed by an mrna has shown better results than two jabs of AZ.
Exactly the same here, but for the past 2 days am not feeling very well, can't understand if it is from the vaccine or the persisting heatwave or maybe from losing too much weight over a relatively short period of time, but if the way I feel comes from the vaccine, I would hope that my second shot was a bit further away.

These anti vaxxers are really something else with their conspiracies. Like I GET the people who are apprehensive because it’s new and untested, and I get the fact that it’s not a vaccine in the traditional sense of 100% protection, but these people walk among us

B960574B-D30C-476B-A055-A75E37FB8786.jpeg

I forgot all about my 2nd jag. Anyway, thank goodness you can't rearrange it online, or send an email. Yes, I can call, but I hate using the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom