The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh cloud, I live in the plural of your username. Did John Prescott do the same or something?

The media have attached various sobriquets to Prescott during his political career. Originally, Prescott's nickname was "Prezza",[106] but as various misfortunes befell him the sobriquets became more colourful, leading to "Two Jags", which set the template for later nicknames.[107] Prescott owns one Jaguar, and had the use of another as his official ministerial car. A later version of this term was "Two Jabs",[108] following his retaliation against a protester farmer in 2001, and "Two Shacks",[109] referring to his former country house. When he lost his department in a cabinet reshuffle following exposure of his affair, newspapers dubbed him "Two Shags"[110] and "No Jobs".[111] Banned from driving after being convicted of speeding in 1991, Prescott was banned again after a similar conviction in June 2015.[112] This led to him being nicknamed "Two bans".

@Tisch's mum dishes out the vaccine (she's a nurse!) and said most fainters are people with anxiety about needles, rather than having reactions

I used to be one of them, to be fair. Super squeamish about needles. But 8 months of giving yourself shots will change that. ❤️

The thing is, this is literally nothing. Nothing compared to getting blood taken, establishing venous access and let's not even talk spinal tap :D

When I worked in the vaccine clinic I only ever saw one person ask to see a nurse because they weren’t feeling ok during the 15 minute wait. She took him off to a room and he never came back :o

Just had my second vaccine, still waiting 15 minutes before I can leave. Same as last time and a guy has just left in a wheelchair after having it. :shock:

I have heard stories of men being unable to walk after being double pricked :(

I don’t mind needles (I have piercings and tats) but having blood taken knocks me SICK.

The only time I panicked during blood tests was when after EIGHT tubes blood stopped flowing and the nurse started sweating and told the other nurse 'something went wrong'.

I remember they once hit a "dead" vein that just wasn't transporting a lot of blood and it basically collapsed after half a tube and the area surrounding the puncture went blue and lilac within 3 minutes :D :disco:

"Oh, we shouldn't take this one again"
"No, probably not"

:basil:

Just back from my second shot too. What a day! There's a huge wildfire going on, many roads are blocked, the hospital was getting prepared to take in respiratory and burn admissions, the temperature is 40 degrees, entire villages are being evacuated, smoke everywhere. Feels like Doomsday.

Fully Vacced bitches! And I’m feeling just lovely

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Ok so I’m day 2 after the second Moderna, I’m getting a headache, I took one of the pills they gave me and I’m drinking lots of water.

temperature up to 37.9 (we do it underarm here, that’s high)

I have an early start tomorrow as I’m supposed to do a middle-school intensive week course starting tomorrow. There IS cover, but:
A) is it likely I’ll be out of it tomorrow?
B) when should I make the judgement call?

• Care
Reactions: COB
I don't know how long it's meant to last, particularly with Moderna, but it might be worth letting them know the situation now and updating them tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom