The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not sure how the clinics are setup overseas, but I had TWELVE people throughout my journey :D From the greeters, to the walkers between each station, to the hot guy I thought was vaccinating me (anytime etc), to the observer etc. It’s very well run but it does seem a lot of people for one jab!!

Not sure how the clinics are setup overseas, but I had TWELVE people throughout my journey :D From the greeters, to the walkers between each station, to the hot guy I thought was vaccinating me (anytime etc), to the observer etc. It’s very well run but it does seem a lot of people for one jab!!
I had the same here, but I was vaccinated in a gymnasium!

Some of the anti-vax stuff online I've seen recently has been INSANE, and it's so easy to full down that particular wormhole.

They seem to be making real waves in the vegan/healthy eating community. I've seen vegan influencers who seem PRETTY NORMAL on the surface share links to telegram groups full of misinformation that when you scratch a bit deeper is full of pro-Trump alt-right content. It's such an easy entry point to wider disinformation once people are hooked with the anti-vax angle.

The most :zombie: thing I saw was an "influencer"claim that she feels "different vibrations" when around people that have been vaccinated, and that she doesn't like being around groups of vaccinated people. Truly BIZARRE, and I'm somewhat confused why anti-vaxxers CARE SO MUCH!

The new line I'm seeing is about "discrimination". As in vaccinated people are discriminating against non-vaccinated people because of "their choice". Hell I even caught a bit of Loose Women the other day talking about if they would still see their family at Christmas if one of them was unvaccinated. Cue cries of

"It's not nice to leave one person out" "some people are just anxious", "well if they do a lateral flow and have no synptoms I'd be okay with it"

Followed immediately by saying they wouldn't if someone was vulnerable, and remember that some people have no synptoms. Yes EXACTLY. :rolleyes:

Some of the anti-vax stuff online I've seen recently has been INSANE, and it's so easy to full down that particular wormhole.

They seem to be making real waves in the vegan/healthy eating community. I've seen vegan influencers who seem PRETTY NORMAL on the surface share links to telegram groups full of misinformation that when you scratch a bit deeper is full of pro-Trump alt-right content. It's such an easy entry point to wider disinformation once people are hooked with the anti-vax angle.

The most :zombie: thing I saw was an "influencer"claim that she feels "different vibrations" when around people that have been vaccinated, and that she doesn't like being around groups of vaccinated people. Truly BIZARRE, and I'm somewhat confused why anti-vaxxers CARE SO MUCH!

A lot of ~wellness~ influencers are, without realising it, proper CRANKS.

I'm not surprised the folks who brought us 'I won't consume anything containing CHEMICALS' have fallen for more pseudo-scientific nonsense.

France have just suspended 3000 unvaccinated health workers.

I'm not sure what that means for their future. Will they just get suspended every time they refuse a booster? It's the right thing to do, but to be a chunk of healthworkers down at this time is not ideal.

That said, the idea of someone seeing first hand what the pandemic can do and still not being vaccinated is baffling, so: DESERVED.

Ooh. They have started administering booster jabs in England today. :disco:
Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

France have just suspended 3000 unvaccinated health workers.

I'm not sure what that means for their future. Will they just get suspended every time they refuse a booster? It's the right thing to do, but to be a chunk of healthworkers down at this time is not ideal.

That said, the idea of someone seeing first hand what the pandemic can do and still not being vaccinated is baffling, so: DESERVED.
Oh if you're a healthworker, it's simply part of your job to follow medical recommendations which are pretty clear as far as the COVID-19 vaccine is concerned. Plus some vaccines are already mandatory for healthworks (Hep-B, etc.) as opposed to the rest of the population, so this is nothing new.

SO YEAH FUCK OFF ANTI-VAXXERS

Oh if you're a healthworker, it's simply part of your job to follow medical recommendations which are pretty clear as far as the COVID-19 vaccine is concerned. Plus some vaccines are already mandatory for healthworks (Hep-B, etc.) as opposed to the rest of the population, so this is nothing new.

SO YEAH FUCK OFF ANTI-VAXXERS
With this being a new vaccine though, in the UK it's not written in existing healthworker contracts that the vaccine is mandatory. Not yet anyway.

Who on Moopy will get one? I am obviously FAR TOO YOUNG.
I think I'm going to get one. They aren't approved here yet but some places are already giving them out, and they have so many extras since so many people are refusing the vaccine :manson:. It's been 8 months since my second shot, so it seems like time

With this being a new vaccine though, in the UK it's not written in existing healthworker contracts that the vaccine is mandatory. Not yet anyway.
Well I don’t think they’d risk it. It’s not like we can get hold of health workers from abroad easily anymore !

I wondered whether I might be eligible but it doesn't look like. Over 50s and anyone with a severe illness. Controlled asthma doesn't count I don't think, even though I get the flu jab for free every year.

I think by next year they'll have integrated the covid booster into the seasonal flu jab. The trials they did on combining SARS/covid/seasonal flu were incredibly successful apparently (can't remember if I read that on here or elsewhere). So i'll just have to suck it up for a year like everyone else and hope that if/when I get it, it's mild like almost everyone else (who is vaccinated).

I think I also read that even though the antibodies might be waning already in most of us, the T-cells will be activated now and that should be enough to turn covid into a bad cold for most of us? Obviously lots of variables like viral load etc, but strength in numbers and all that.

My two American friends have managed to get QUADRUPLE jabbed by getting done on their trips home. RUDE!

My mum has had four too :shock: Turkey was using the Sinovac jab so she got two of them, then because a load of countries said they wouldn't recognise that one as valid for international travel they started offering other ones so she ended up getting Pfizer x2 as well.

Not sure if it was related to the booster or not, but yesterday evening I started feeling really achey in my arms and back and just generally a bit shit, so went to bed early. Pleased to report that today I woke up feeling fine.

By the onset of those symptoms it was 30 hours plus since I had the booster.

My friend who had the booster had similar
It was almost exactly the same reaction I had to the first, thinking about it. Although it didn't last as long. I had nothing other than a sore arm to the second.

Here's one thing I've never really been sure about and I don't think I've ever read it anywhere officially, and I've read a LOT, so I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but I'm curious about infection prevention. We know the vaccine doesn't stop you catching it, it reduces the effect/symptoms. But does it also reduce the chance of you catching it? Like if you and an unvaccinated person are in a room with someone who has covid and is coughing, are you both as likely to catch it or is the unvaccinated person more susceptible? I have no idea.

Here's one thing I've never really been sure about and I don't think I've ever read it anywhere officially, and I've read a LOT, so I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but I'm curious about infection prevention. We know the vaccine doesn't stop you catching it, it reduces the effect/symptoms. But does it also reduce the chance of you catching it? Like if you and an unvaccinated person are in a room with someone who has covid and is coughing, are you both as likely to catch it or is the unvaccinated person more susceptible? I have no idea.

Depends what you mean by "catch it"

You've not suddenly got a force-field around you. Covid might still enter your system at the same rate it ever could. Difference is it'll likely be dealt with by your immune system much more quickly.

So you can book your booster online if it's been more than 6 months. I was about to book mine but just waiting another week due to home stuffs.

So you can book your booster online if it's been more than 6 months. I was about to book mine but just waiting another week due to home stuffs.

I thought boosters were for over 50s?

I can't keep up.

I’ve had an email saying I can book mine. I’m guessing the carer route has ticked me off.

Sounds like I should get mine anround Christmas which would be around 6 months since jab number two.

I've had mine, but I totally respect people's choice not to have it if they don't feel comfortable. None of us really know what they do to us, it's just down to who we believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom