The Vegetarian Poll 2019

Beef, Prawns, Quorn or Sawdust?

• Total voters
Now that is just a POOR SHOW. Where did you go? Not even a nut roast or a wellington?

Nada. They had other veggie options but no veggie roast. I asked if they could just give me an extra large bit of cauliflower cheese instead of the meat and they said yes, then literally did exactly the same portion size minus the meat and still charged me the same price.

I’d had a couple of wines by the end so wasn’t bothered arguing but it just summed up the attitude...

I had a vegetarian roast out today and it was a bit shit to be honest. It was literally just the roast without the meat :D
Sounds like Germany in the olden days.

They'd even be so kind as to offer to fish out the sausage from whatever STEW the vegetarians were ordering in order to make it veggie friendly :D

Do the Germans still cover everything with speck?

German food is probably my least favourite food in the world :)

except sauerkraut, which is lovely. (and a pesky vegetable)

I watched something the other day which showed that pigs are one of the most intelligent species on the planet and are as intelligent as a 3 year old child, and WAY more intelligent than dogs. It's interesting that thousands of years have taught people (at least in Western culture) that it's fine to eat a pig but it's cruel and downright evil to eat a dog.

I quite like German (and Austrian and Czech) food, but then I'm quite the fan of STODGE

Let's face it, there's nothing worse than vegetarians/vegans who keep talking about their vegetarianism and how they're trying to save the planet and the world blah blah. It's the same sort of people that go on about PAPER STRAWS ...

YOU DO YOU HUN and let others be.

German food, like most central European food, is shit. So stodgy, heavy and full of carbs over actually taste.

The Dutch have this weird mashed potato dish into which they mash lettuce. It's strange, and useless.

I watched something the other day which showed that pigs are one of the most intelligent species on the planet and are as intelligent as a 3 year old child, and WAY more intelligent than dogs. It's interesting that thousands of years have taught people (at least in Western culture) that it's fine to eat a pig but it's cruel and downright evil to eat a dog.
I'd eat a dog.

The Dutch have this weird mashed potato dish into which they mash lettuce. It's strange, and useless.

Don't they also do one with onion and bacon bits? That's lovely. Particularly the leftovers formed into patties and fried the next day.

I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LOVE a lentil bolognaise.

I made this the other day and it's a total revelation. I love lentils anyway but had never even considered them in bolognaise form - fuck me it's delicious. The texture is just right too, much better than quorn/soya mince (which I never minded anyway).

Cheap as tits too.

I'm assuming it works just as well when making a chilli.

Just tried my first BEYOND BURGER from Tesco (£5.50 for two RIDICULOUSLY) and they are REALLY nice! The sheer amount of OIL that came out of them, though, was outrageous. I'll stick to Iceland's much cheaper and almost as good NO BULL range in future...

German/eastern European food is vile.

I’m not a vegetarian and I love meat, but I could go days without eating any (and not even realizing that) because there is so much else to eat and many times it tastes better than meat.

The Linda Mcartney vegan sausages are good enough to displace any regular sausage. Guilt-free gives it that extra kick, I find.

German/eastern European food is vile.

:D I’m always excited by the exotica of Polish food but a plate of pierogi is, let’s face it, much like a lead balloon. Also, their crisps are far less salty than the sodiumtastic filth we get in the UK. Very disappointing :(

However, popping over the border, I’m anyone’s for Currywurst and Schnitzel. And Käsespätzle :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom