The Weeknd - Dawn FM

:o

that's what happens when you don't come to combat armed with physical formats!

Gunna was ahead on Apple Music all week... But he doesn't do well on Spotify, or the radio, so I thought it wouldn't be enough

No top ten debuts on the hot 100... for such a good album, it’s not really doing that well. Even Gunna got a top 10 debut

am I obsessed with this verse in Best Friends? maybe so.

friends no more
sex as friends no more
you don't wanna have sex as friends no more
friends no more, oooh
friends no more
sex as friends no more
you don't wanna have sex as friends no more
oooh...

the lyrical masterclass of it all!

ok, so we agree Less Than Zero is a 100/100
it really is gorgeous. not my favourite or most played, but a very welcome tonic at the end of this album.

and yes it is the end because I've EXCISED that dreadful Jim Carrey outro.

God the whole "concept" of this album is such unnecessary nonsense.

it's about looking down the tunnel to the light at the end which is death because you're stuck in purgatory! *insert the usual gallery of songs about jealousy, sexual obsession and fucking*

Oh, I thought we moved on from this album already.

Shocked Real Housewives GIF

Y'all go stream Tory Lanez's album if you want a more basic, easy access Kidz Bop version of Dawn FM 😍 🥰

I know! I thought I dreamt about it but it's like they just swept it under the rug and never talked about it again. What the fuck was that?
If (when :() someone shoots me, I’d talk about it for the rest of my life

He is expected to return to #2 (its peak) on next week's Billboard 200. HITS has it at 72k units (40k pure sales) fueled by the CD release this past week.

Not sure if vinyls also dropped same week?

I'm quite obsessed with Take My Breath for the first time. the album edit with the longer intro is such a sultry banger, teebs.

in fact I could RATE because I'm loving this album currently

09 Gasoline
10 How Do I Make You Lovr Me?
09 Take My Breath
07 Sacrifice
10 Out of Time
06 Here We Go... Again
10 Best Friends
07 Is There Someone Else?
06 Starry Eyes
08 Don't Break My Heart
10 I Heard You're Married
09 Less Than Zero

some of the lyrics are objectively terrible :eyes: Out of Time has to be a single. it feels kinda new for him. and its so smooth.

He is expected to return to #2 (its peak) on next week's Billboard 200. HITS has it at 72k units (40k pure sales) fueled by the CD release this past week.

Not sure if vinyls also dropped same week?
Vinyl isn't out until 29th April

oh yes let's have a rate

10 Gasoline
10 How Do I Make You Lovr Me?
09 Take My Breath
10 Sacrifice
10 Out of Time
06 Here We Go... Again
08 Best Friends
07 Is There Someone Else?
05 Starry Eyes (isn't this an interlude?)
07 Don't Break My Heart
10 I Heard You're Married
13 Less Than Zero

I kinda like Every ANGLE Is Terrifying Too, I think is the least offensive Jim Carrey thing.

Definitely the best song on the album and still on my playlist but I'm largely over the rest of the album to be honest

The Weeknd is a singles girl for me anyway but quite honestly nothing on this album compares to the ones from the previous album.

Dawn FM is better than After Hours. Facts.

edit: ok maybe I got a little bit carried away, you girls speak so much shit.

After Hours has like four really good / great songs. Dawn is a much better work front to back. Out of Time is a really incredible song (even if it owes so much to that sample) and I'm happy to see it have its moment. the "twist" in the video is deliciously done.

but yeah Starboy is still THE ONE!

Homegirl just hasn't hit the promo circuit properly, especially the late night tv shows.
Just wait until his tour with Doja. It's gonna END pop tours.

Homegirl just hasn't hit the promo circuit properly, especially the late night tv shows.
Just wait until his tour with Doja. It's gonna END pop tours.
IF you say so but I'll believe it when I see it.
A) he's not that good live (sorry his Super Bowels were... meh.)
B) I won't even get started on her (sorry I thought she was cancelled?)

I've returned to this tonight. I think Less Than Zero is the only song here that comes close to the epicness of the previous album's singles. Hold my hand @Pipo.

I've returned to this tonight. I think Less Than Zero is the only song here that comes close to the epicness of the previous album's singles. Hold my hand @Pipo.

Less Than Zero absolutely has to be a single to close this era. In the same fashion as Save Your Tears he needs to wheel in a pop diva to spruce it up and I've heard Ava Max is available since she cannot release a song of her own.

Starboy charted higher than this album this week in the US. Seems like they are pushing at least one more single from it though:

If they're going for another single and it's not Less Than Zero then we're not interested, but thanks Abel!

He quietly dropped another video that wasn't for Less Than Zero so nobody cares.

Is it just me or is anyone over this guy

I mean on one level it’s so nice when an R&B artist doesn’t do mumble-rap. But he just feels ubiquitous and his direction hasn’t really changed for three albums.

I'd say the public is a bit over him, but he has two hits right now

I really like his cover of I Don't Wanna Know, which is turning into a big hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom