Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
Starring Ann Hathaway, Octavia Spencer and Stanley Tucci and directed by Robert Zemeckis. Streaming on HBO Max and equivalents on October 22.

I didn’t think this was heading to streaming but I think they decided not to bother with continuous delays.

In this case I don’t think the original was that good or iconic apart from Angelica Huston.

I love the original, but I do hate the tacked-on ending - I wonder if this version will be faithful to the book?

Could be worth it for Anne and Octavia camping it up to the nines, but it looks more YOUNG than I remember the original being.

Definitely more of a children’s book adaptation vibe than the unintentional HORROR MOVIE of the first.

did the supreme witch also have an accent in the original?

This us one of my all time favourite movies

don’t fuck it up

:kim:

Oh the trailer looks absolutely tragic :evil:

I loved this but was terrified of it. Less so of the GHW and more so of the one grinning at him and offering him chocolate and snakes in the treehouse.

She can't ... heeeeear you. :)

*purples eyes flash*

Reactions: SDF
I wonder if they’ll include the little girl who gets trapped in the painting. I was terrified of that happening to me.
oh I forgot about that part! and in the book there are other examples of things happening to children, but that was the creepiest.

watched the trailer - it doesn't look too bad but I don't think I'll be bending over backwards to catch that.

I think I'll probably skip this, but I'm confident Anne Hathaway will camp it up, as she should.

Does it really need to be an all out camp affair?

Angelica pitched it perfectly between camp and scary as fuck.

Is Stanley Tucci playing a flamboyant gay or a cool dad in this?
WHY NOT BOTH?

Stanley Tocci can play whatever the fuck he likes as far as I'm concerned. Not generally into older men but DADDY.

Just the opening credits of the original gives me all the feels.

This looks a bit shit, but I’ll still give it a go.

Reactions: SDF
I tried to watch the original last year and couldn’t get over how AMATEURISH and CHEAP it was. Everything about it was awful, aside from Anjelica of course.

I’m looking forward to this as I love the original

Only watched the original last week and was shocked to see so many men playing the witches in the big conference room scene

I quite enjoyed this until the witches showed up :D

But the terrible choices for their design and the awful CGI ruined the rest of the film which just rushed through replicating all the iconic scenes of the original.

Yes I wasn’t a fan of Anne’s mouth in the trailer, nor her levitating either

I didn’t realise it was out yet though and as much as I’m expecting it to be shit, I really want to see it

I felt absolutely nothing watching this.

Fucking awful. The CGI mice were literally like something from 2000. Anne Hathaway just isn’t camp, and Dame Stanley Tucci wasn’t camp (or sexy) enough. Zero witch shenanigans like pushing prams down hills.

WHY THE FUCK WAS KRISTIN CHENOWETH A MOUSE?

The little boy was ace though and SCREAM at JUST DOING THIS NOW as Bruno’s mum.

Just fucking pointless. Zero charm.

Somewhat missing the boat, but this is getting a Japanese release next month :)

The title seems to translate as “Loads of witches”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom