The Woman In The Window

VoR

Take it or leave it
Move over Cats, we already have a contender for Campiest campfest of 2020 :D

I've not read the controversial novel, but holy shit that trailer looks like everything!

WIGS
MURDER
GARY OLDMAN
JENNIFER JASON LEIGH IN A LUDICROUS WIG

100% sold, TBH.

This looks incredible. Do we really have to wait until May?

It doesn’t however look quite as campy as Greta this year.

The book was shite and convoluted, this looks
even more so.

Not a VLOG for exposition about AGORAPHOBIA in case the plebs don’t get it :D

I mean this is Rear Window? Did the people reading the book not realize that?

*grabs convenient telephoto lens*
*immediately spots an earring through the window*

this looks essential :D I can't quite believe what I'm seeing! It looks like a more fun The Girl on The Train. Which was mad enough in itself.

I have the book but never read a page of it. I fancied a shitty holiday read but couldn't bring myself to do it in the end.

Looks like it tested poorly (SHOCKER) and got sent for re-edits, then got caught in studio distribution politics hell.

Netflix seem to have it now, so it should be out sometime in the New Year.

Between this and Hillbilly Elegy, Amy Adams is really making questionable choices of late.

Looks like it tested poorly (SHOCKER) and got sent for re-edits, then got caught in studio distribution politics hell.

Netflix seem to have it now, so it should be out sometime in the New Year.

Between this and Hillbilly Elegy, Amy Adams is really making questionable choices of late.
well to be fair to Amy, this must have seemed like a rock solid choice on paper - bestselling book, great cast/director, shared DNA with Gone Girl and Girl on the Train, both of which did great...

Starting to seem like SHE’S the problem isn’t it? :eyes:

Should we do a Moopy watch?

SO awful :D

The final ten minutes are incredulous.

I just had to stop when she opens the window and screams “where is your mother” :D

Also why does the 15 year old kid have a 30 year old face.

Gary Oldman is awful. It’s like he’s auditioning for Voldermot. How did they get so many actors for this shit show.

This was I Know Who Killed Me levels of high camp.

It’s everything I could’ve needed right now. Julianne Moore for a People’s Choice for Best Supporting Actress.

Gary Oldman is awful. It’s like he’s auditioning for Voldermot. How did they get so many actors for this shit show.

I think because everyone in it, Amy Adams aside, literally had TWO SECONDS SCREENTIME.

I kept thinking "This guy is like a terrible Gary Oldman" :D The credits were a moment of shock for me

Amy Adams' monologue. :D

giphy.gif

The only camp bit about this was Juliane Moore and her acting choices, the rest was just a snoozefest! I whish we could get proper campy 90s thrillers again, I miss them so much :evil:

This was an ORDEAL.

I feel like Anthony Mackie and Julianne Moore had bigger parts but were cut significantly. Lots of questionable dialogue too., especially from Wyatt Russell.

The last quarter of this was horrendous

Gary Oldman was pretty bad

Was kind of fun overall but that’s about it

I liked it when Julianne Moore was being stabbed and then blood splattered across the screen. If it embraced more weird stylistic choices like that, it might have been more entertaining or the campy campfest we needed it to be. In the end it was just a bit ugh, and the ending was just... ack

I wish I could look like Julianne Moore does in those skinny jeans. WHAT A WOMAN!

We tried to watch it and got about halfway. It’s honestly one of the worst things I’ve ever seen, but not in the way that I love like Troll 2, The Room or Julie

More proof as if it were needed that Netflix will literally commission anything.

I can see this being a fun SNL sketch, but a FULL SERIES? :D

More proof as if it were needed that Netflix will literally commission anything.

I can see this being a fun SNL sketch, but a FULL SERIES? :D

So this drops tomorrow and is shockingly earning a fair amount of decent reviews.:disco: Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Slant, Entertainment Weekly all pan it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom