Theatre ‘19

West End Phantom of the Opera closed permanently :o

I wonder if it had been struggling a bit anyway a la Frozen on Broadway, but still, 30+ years...

Has anyone went to see Six? I just watched a performance on BGT and loved it. I may need to purchase tickets for its touring production later in the year.

Did anyone ever get round to seeing Six?

Did anyone ever get round to seeing Six?

Yes! I love it. Very much not your typical musical theatre show, but it's great fun, and it seems to have built up a real cult following in just a few years.

It’s be heard the Six soundtrack which is brilliant. Really want to see the show, especially with Danielle Steers as her voice is phenomenal. She was the only good thing about Bat Out of Hell.

The race for Best Actor at The Tonys this year is INSANE.

Reactions: dUb
Has anyone subscribed to BroadwayHD?

Theres a couple of Drew Droege shows I like the look of. Any issues with streaming to the UK?

NBC's 90-minute Broadway special from this weekend:

Reactions: GNL
London theatre people (@Ellie, I think you may be my best bet), when the theatres were open between lockdown, was there social distancing inside?

I'm possibly planning a trip with my mum in late summer and looking to book theatre tickets. At the moment tempted by Anything Goes at the Barbican, and I note the website says the show is planned to go ahead without social distancing, and if that isn't possible, tickets can be rescheduled or refunds given. I'm just wondering how likely the performance is to go ahead at all.

I suppose I ought to consider how I'd feel about sitting in a theatre of several hundred people not socially distanced. Although I'm assuming it would still be masked, and we'll be fully vaccinated.

London theatre people (@Ellie, I think you may be my best bet), when the theatres were open between lockdown, was there social distancing inside?

I'm possibly planning a trip with my mum in late summer and looking to book theatre tickets. At the moment tempted by Anything Goes at the Barbican, and I note the website says the show is planned to go ahead without social distancing, and if that isn't possible, tickets can be rescheduled or refunds given. I'm just wondering how likely the performance is to go ahead at all.

I suppose I ought to consider how I'd feel about sitting in a theatre of several hundred people not socially distanced. Although I'm assuming it would still be masked, and we'll be fully vaccinated.

I think so. I only went to one outdoor show in August which was fully distanced and only sold seats for every other row. I know there were a couple of small indoor productions running for a short time over the summer but I didn’t hear much about them.

I have Back To The Future tickets for June, but there’s no word on whether that’s going ahead yet.

I struggle to think 'normal' indoor shows are going to go ahead as planned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom