There's no plan B Thursday

Iguana

If I only could...
Morning.

A client gave me a deadline of next Wednesday and just called me to chase 'in case I might have done it already'.

FUCK OFF.

I cannot get Ashes To Ashes out of my head. Maybe I'm being haunted by Bowie's spirit.

Morning.

A client gave me a deadline of next Wednesday and just called me to chase 'in case I might have done it already'.

FUCK OFF.

Tell them it'll be done 5 minutes before the deadline like everything else with a deadline.

Everyone I like in my team is off today and everyone I hate is in. Including someone I really hate back from sick leave.

UGH.

I don't think I really hate anyone I work with

That doesn't mean they don't hate me though :basil:

I’ve been writing a tender response all morning and when I got to the RATHER DIFFICULT BIT realised I’d written that part almost entirely in a different tender about a month ago, saving me about a whole day off my own schedule. I’m rather smug right now :disco:

I’ve been writing a tender response all morning and when I got to the RATHER DIFFICULT BIT realised I’d written that part almost entirely in a different tender about a month ago, saving me about a whole day off my own schedule. I’m rather smug right now :disco:

But did you win that tender?

And I wish I could tell you for who as it’s VERY exciting but I’m sworn to secrecy... :evil:

Latest nugget of overheard convo: "I quite like Guns 'n' Roses but they were quite manufactured".

She went to see Fall Out Boy and likes Gaga tho'.

FUCK ME.

If only we had a secret section of the forum designed for exactly that sort of thing.

UK border control, post Brexit?

They must need "no, you can't come in" translated to quite a few languages.

Nope. Major international sporting body. That’s as much as you’ll get. See- it’s even FUN!

If only we had a secret section of the forum designed for exactly that sort of thing.

Except why would I break an NDA for my company to tell someone I’ve never even met on a online forum?!

Well, I wouldn't think you would, but you seemed very cross about it.

In any case, I'd have thought that FIFA could just run 'we completely refute these baseless allegations which have been trumped up by the biased media' through Google Translate.

Well, I wouldn't think you would, but you seemed very cross about it.

Cross? I’m not cross...

In any case, I'd have thought that FIFA could just run 'we completely refute these baseless allegations which have been trumped up by the biased media' through Google Translate.

Fact- anything you put into Google Translate becomes their property and is harvested by them to do what the fuck they like with. A company was done recently for using an online machine translation engine that stole a WHOLE LOAD of secret shite

That's sinister. I don't think I've ever read the Google Terms of Service all the way through.

If you're reading this, Google, please don't tell anyone about that time I tried to buy the indentured servant from the Philippines.

Fact- anything you put into Google Translate becomes their property and is harvested by them to do what the fuck they like with. A company was done recently for using an online machine translation engine that stole a WHOLE LOAD of secret shite

OOPS! :D

I use Google Translate if I'm short of song titles - I did an album where all the titles were multiple mistranslations of Lana Del Rey lyrics (apart from one which was direct quote).

I know it’s my industry, but it amazes me how people never know anything like this in a world of Facebook information harvesting. They’re not just giving you FREE SHIT for no reason.

Truth. Ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Some poor sod somewhere if probably wondering why the lyric to "Love" was translated into 6 different languages consecutively before being turned back into English...

I like to type RANDOM SHIT into ANY SEARCH BOX I CAN but then I've always been an ANARCHIST

That's sinister. I don't think I've ever read the Google Terms of Service all the way through.

If you're reading this, Google, please don't tell anyone about that time I tried to buy the indentured servant from the Philippines.

I updated Mr F's PS4 software ages ago and it wouldn't let me watch Netflix until I'd accepted Sony's T&Cs so I decided to have a quick scroll down them. It was scary, the detail they went into, over hundreds of pages, to tell you how nothing was private and they could do whatever the hell they wanted with any data and there's not a thing you can do about it. Apple and Netflix are the same.

There’s our REET, trying to play me at my own game.

And failing.

:D

What game? I was simply saying it’s not like you to be smug darling. Please carry on playing any game you like. Heads up though, I’m a sore loser. :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom