This week's big New Music Friday

BEST NEW MUSIC?

• Total voters

Jark

User
It's a BONANZA New Music Friday this week for fans of female pop, with new music from...

Charli XCX ft. Sky Ferreira - Cross You Out

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

Muna - Stayaway

Normani - Motivation

Rosalía - Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi

Shura - forevher

Taylor Swift - Lover

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVE

Last edited:
Everything is out, and it's all amazing :disco: except the Taylor Swift track which is some chronic shit! :disco:

Vote please!

That Charli track is as amazing as you'd expect. Sliding straight into my main playlist.

I STAN for Charli (and yes I am a big contributor on her FB group).

I like the Taylor song.

The rest .. hmm.. not sure YET.

Although the Shura track is pretty SULTRY
You should try the album - are you a fan? It's a lovely listen start to end although it doesn't scale the lofty heights of her debut.

I haven't got to the Shura album yet. The Archer was more like it but the new Taylor song is just a bit meh.

Sky sounds so good on the Charli track that I almost wish she did the whole thing. Anyway Charli's last two songs have both been amazing.

Definitely a good week: see also two new FLETCHER songs, Hallucinations by PVRIS, another Gemini Rising song, new Kitten and the Friendly Fires album to listen to at some point.

Charli really has taken the mantle from Carly as the reigning Queen of HOT GAY POP for me.

Seriously, "Gone" is an absolute banger...this Spotify-spoonfed generation are shit.

Has "Gone" flopped then? The entire collab really feels like a defining moment of glory for both of them :( Her chart trajectory the last 7 years has been ropey at best. We're lucky we're getting anything at all at this point. Every now and again she sneaks a small hit which keeps the wheels turning I suppose

I like the Taylor song even if it is a bit basic. At least it's not all calculated and self aware.

Shura's not doing it for me this time around but I haven't sampled the album. More synth-pop beauties and less of the chilled out grooves please

Has "Gone" flopped then? The entire collab really feels like a defining moment of glory for both of them :( Her chart trajectory the last 7 years has been ropey at best. We're lucky we're getting anything at all at this point. Every now and again she sneaks a small hit which keeps the wheels turning I suppose

Peaked at, like 60-something. I absolutely despair of that. I mean, I liked 1999 but Gone should have thumped it chart-wise.

Peaked at, like 60-something. I absolutely despair of that. I mean, I liked 1999 but Gone should have thumped it chart-wise.

It completely deserved to, but I am not surprised it hasn't. Neither have collaborators that are exactly singles chart forces, it is just that 1999 has a more straightforward appeal and people seem to love that turn of the millennium nostalgia.

I'm sure the album will do OK. She makes her money from touring. I doubt there are any real chart expectations for her.

I'm really liking the Gemini Rising song Fetch mentioned. She has a beautiful voice for this kind of thing, even if I can't make out half of what she's saying on the verses.

Last edited:
I'm really liking the Gemini Rising song Fetch mentioned. She has a beautiful voice for this kind of thing, even if I can't make out half of what she's saying on the verses.

Their recent singles have all been great, even if I don't think this one is quite as good as Just Because or Morph. The album should be great, though it sounds like a large part of it is already available as they are cherry picking the best of their past releases too.

I do love this hot dial up chorus:

The second song from the upcoming Joseph album has a presumably unintentional slightly Scandinavian sounding take on pop rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom