Tokyo 2020 - Day 0 - The Opening Ceremony (Fri 23 July)

Ravel still getting those royalties
Sadly not

After his death in 1960, the estate passed through several hands. Despite the substantial royalties paid for performing Ravel's music, the news magazine Le Point reported in 2000 that it was unclear who the beneficiaries were.[244] The British newspaper The Guardian reported in 2001 that no money from royalties had been forthcoming for the maintenance of the Ravel museum at Montfort-l'Amaury, which was in a poor state of repair.[243]

They're always quite DULL given that you have to have 3 hours of athletes TROOPING IN as the main part of the GIG
I remember going to the 2012 opening dress rehearsal as I won a raffle at work. It was utterly amazing, but my colleagues who also won the raffle were all disappointed we didn’t get the athletes walking around with flags. Not quite sure what they were expecting.

Sadly not

After his death in 1960, the estate passed through several hands. Despite the substantial royalties paid for performing Ravel's music, the news magazine Le Point reported in 2000 that it was unclear who the beneficiaries were.[244] The British newspaper The Guardian reported in 2001 that no money from royalties had been forthcoming for the maintenance of the Ravel museum at Montfort-l'Amaury, which was in a poor state of repair.[243]
Oh dear :D

pfff… well that’s that, I am a bit disappointed apart from the 10 minutes where they decided to be exciting

nice font I guess

I wish the BBC would get some talking heads with actual INSIGHT rather than rent-a-gobs Colin Jackson and Rebecca Adlington

The glitterball Fuji was nice but why is everything so monochrome?

their firework game was a BOOT too

That was much more of a slog than I was expecting. Hopefully they dispense with the seriousness for the closing ceremony

Well I hope they really pop off for the closing ceremony, but they should’ve popped off! Japan came across as the most boring country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom