Tokyo 2020 - Day 2 (Sun 25 July)

They could all do with knee and elbow pads. Not exactly a stunning Olympic debut so far.

The guy with the airpods can fuck off. Is there any other olympic sport they'd be allowed in?

I assume the skateboarding stadium was erected especially and will be dismantled afterwards. What a shame.

Have the women's gymnastics on. With the thumping music it really is like that Chemical Brothers video (at least I think it was them).

Why can't the swimmers walk out in trunks? It would be so much more essential viewing. 400m heats.

Edit: oh it's the final.

God, why is NHK showing the skateboarding? Utter shit
Fortunately the Judo is seemingly happening on another channel today, that guy with the nice arse I posted is going it today

This skateboarding is rubbish to watch. It would be better if it was a race or something. Nowhere near as fun as the BMX. I can’t imagine this lasting too long in the Olympics - I reckon they’ll wait until the Americans can dominate in LA2028 and retire it.

Watching the sk8r bois. I assume girls are allowed in this too? Some events should just be mixed and surely this is one of them.

Wondering why on earth they don't wear knee, elbow and bum pads. They must be more grazed than the Savanna.

OK I've changed my mind about the skateboarding, it's great

In other news, Japan got gold in the skateboarding

Oh wow Japan is top of the table for now, gold in Judo last night, and golds today for skateboarding and 400m something in swimming. Nice Arse Hifumi is closing in on another Judo gold too

That Tunisian who came out of nowhere to win the 400m freestyle is just the tip of the iceberg, isn’t he? I’m really worried the athletics is going to be full of ludicrous shocks…

Slow start for Team GB no? I suspect Adam Peaty will be our first gold medallist.

Andy Murray has withdrawn from singles due to a thigh strain but will carry on in doubles. Wise decision.

This skateboarding is rubbish to watch. It would be better if it was a race or something. Nowhere near as fun as the BMX. I can’t imagine this lasting too long in the Olympics - I reckon they’ll wait until the Americans can dominate in LA2028 and retire it.

Some of these new sports for the YOUTH and the LOCALS are interesting to say the least. We’re getting competitive breakdancing in 2024 while baseball, softball and karate are getting dropped.

Thankfully esports didn’t make the cut as a new sport.

Is the BBC going to show the semis of the kicky kicky head or do I have to get up and go find eurosport?

Is the BBC going to show the semis of the kicky kicky head or do I have to get up and go find eurosport?

Apparently not. We've got someone fighting for a guaranteed medal and the red button is some obscure archery match. Ridiculous.
(Well, it's a gold medal match but evs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom