Tokyo 2020 - Day 2 (Sun 25 July)

What's kicky kicky head? Judo?

In Women's Judo, GB's Chelsie Giles is going to fight for bronze soon. Japan's Uta Abe is going to fight for gold, while her older brother Hifumi is going to play his semi-final soon too. It would be great if both siblings got the golds, we'd never hear the end of it

Some of these new sports for the YOUTH and the LOCALS are interesting to say the least. We’re getting competitive breakdancing in 2024 while baseball, softball and karate are getting dropped.

Thankfully esports didn’t make the cut as a new sport.
It’s like we’re living in the 80s. What next, DeLorean racing and Pac Man?

Why do you think baseball and softball should be dropped in favour of breakdancing?!
Freestyle Vogueing to debut in 2028

Why do you think baseball and softball should be dropped in favour of breakdancing?!
Freestyle Vogueing to debut in 2028

Baseball and softball should be dropped. Nobody said breakdancing was better, but maybe it is. We will see.

Well I'm not fighting for baseball and softball, but they are still popular sports worldwide - or at least no less than some of the other niche sports.

I mean Team GB would be stuffed if they ever got rid of Horse Flouncing

What's kicky kicky head? Judo?

In Women's Judo, GB's Chelsie Giles is going to fight for bronze soon. Japan's Uta Abe is going to fight for gold, while her older brother Hifumi is going to play his semi-final soon too. It would be great if both siblings got the golds, we'd never hear the end of it

Did you see the other semi final in Abe's weight class - over in six seconds!

I felt sorry for the Mongolian in the men's -66kg who thought he won on golden score only for it to be reversed and Waza-ari given to the Italian instead.

STILL not over Van Vleuten crossing the finish line thinking she had nabbed the gold :D

Ay dios.

Eight GB won individual gold in 2012 and 2016 in the same event:

2020:

Nicola Adams - not competing
Alistair Brownlee - not competing
Charlotte Dujardin - TBC
Mo Farah - not competing
Jade Jones - out of games
Jason Kenny - TBC
Laura Kenny - TBC
Sir Andy Murray - out of singles

I'm really enjoying the fencing. I wish they'd show more of it rather than burying it away on Discovery+

Team GB have a silver and bronze medal at the end of day 2. Not a bad start despite a few missed opportunities and a different event schedule.

We're not that far off our performance from the previous two games:

London - 1 silver and 2 bronze
Rio - 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom