Tokyo 2020 - Day 4 (Tue 27 July)

win_the_game

Infidel dickpig
I still haven’t adjusted to the lack of red button coverage.

I'd absolutely recommend a subscription to Discovery+

I went against all my principles and signed up for the £6.99 monthly subscription for the duration of the Olympics. You can stream every session from each sport live and watch again afterwards.

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
I'd absolutely recommend a subscription to Discovery+

I went against all my principles and signed up for the £6.99 monthly subscription for the duration of the Olympics. You can stream every session from each sport live and watch again afterwards.
I would do that, but apart from Discovery+ itself I have all the other channels that it comes with anyway. It’s like buying a box set of films for one film when you already own the others.

win_the_game

Infidel dickpig
I'll be cancelling as soon as the Olympics is over.

I think it's worth it if you plan on watching as much as possible. I couldn't stand the endless filler and montage promos the BBC have been churning out since they have little sport to broadcast.

Indie

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
I think I'd probably do that for Paris 2024.

Doesn't feel the same if it's not live, and I won't be watching much live.

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
It would have been very close for Taylor-Brown without the flat tyre. :(

Indie

It would have been very close for Taylor-Brown without the flat tyre. :(

She'd have still been half a minute behind i reckon. Although of course she might have been spurred on to do more.

Madison

Everything goes up by six
I hope Duncan Scott took it well. It could be awkward being the favourite and being beaten by your roommate.

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
The referees are absolutely sawing off the Bianca Walkden in this fight. Half of the things she is getting penalised for haven’t been a problem in any of the other fights I’ve watched.

Indie

That's the third brit I've seen lose in the last seconds of the match. Taekwando is so cruel.

wildchild

fine piece of real estate
OMG, Camila Giorgi is coming for gold in tennis, isn’t she? Took out Pliskova 6-4 6-2

Camila Puig

Indie

4 golds and 10 medals total is team GB's best ever haul by day 4. (both in terms of golds and total medals) :disco:

Great win for Broady

Excellent come back for GB in the rugby sevens as well

Now for a bit of dressage

Tisch

Pauline Quirke has passed away...
I don't watch a lot of Rugby, but this Argentina/SA game is some fantastic sport!

Is rugby 7's a bit like 20/20 cricket? I.e. a lot quicker and 'lighter' than normal?

Edit: And Argentina were down two men when they started getting all those points! Those red cards really made them work extra hard and it showed.

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
I see that it's a battle of the scumbags in the third round match next to Broady's, so here's hoping that the winner of Broady/Chardy reaches the semi finals.

Ag

User
Dressage is very very dull. Not even the only Genesis banger can save it.

Although we're apparently guaranteed silver.

Madison

Everything goes up by six
We aren’t guaranteed a silver yet. There’s still another round of riders to go (or possible two rounds depending on BBC’s delay).

Ag

User
I really hate the fact my TV is modern enough to stream Discovery+ or whatever. I would have happily paid seven quid for the extra coverage.

Last edited:

Ag

User
I really don't understand what's being marked in Dressage. At least in Taekwando and even skateboarding I was able to vaguely pick up what scored. This is just riding a horse.

And yet here I am watching.

win_the_game

Infidel dickpig
Nope she’s back.

EDIT: And now she has withdrawn from the competition. That’s a huge blow for the US.

Last edited:

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
I really don't understand what's being marked in Dressage. At least in Taekwando and even skateboarding I was able to vaguely pick up what scored. This is just riding a horse.

And yet here I am watching.
I can just about tell what they are trying to do, helped by knowing what most of the names mean. I can't tell the difference between a good one and a bad one, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom