Tokyo 2020 - Day 6 (Thurs 29 July)

win_the_game

Infidel dickpig
It's 00:40 and no new daily thread yet? :shock:

Team GB have a couple of realistic medal chances today:

Rowing - Women's Lightweight Double Sculls (Emily Craig and Imogen Grant)
Rowing - Women's Coxless Pair (Helen Glover and Polly Swann)
Canoeing - Women's C-1 Slalom (Mallory Franklin)

Possible outsiders:
Swimming - Men 200m Backstroke (James Wilby)
Judo - Women -78 kg (Natalie Powell)

In advance of the athletics starting later this week, 20 athletes from Nigeria, Belarus, Bahrain, Ethiopia, Kenya, Morocco and Ukraine have been banned after failing to meet anti-doping testing requirements.

10 of them are from Nigeria, which is half of their athletics team.

So the Athletics finally starts "today"? I have just blanket recorded the BBC coverage, but on Eurosport it is only on for 45 minutes? That cannot be right surely?

Sam Kendricks tested positive for Covid, and the entire Australian athletics team are apparently now in isolation due to a close contact.

In advance of the athletics starting later this week, 20 athletes from Nigeria, Belarus, Bahrain, Ethiopia, Kenya, Morocco and Ukraine have been banned after failing to meet anti-doping testing requirements.

10 of them are from Nigeria, which is half of their athletics team.

The Nigerian federation are fucking atrocious. I forget whether it was Doha or another champs, but when was it they forgot to register Blessing and a sub 10 100m runner so they couldn’t compete? :D

It does show prove something, though, as those federations have all been pinged for shit out of competition testing and they’re also amongst the countries with the highest positive rates and the dodgiest athletes.

The Nigerian federation are fucking atrocious. I forget whether it was Doha or another champs, but when was it they forgot to register Blessing and a sub 10 100m runner so they couldn’t compete? :D

How could they forget Blessing? :( :D

I see that Swiss sprinter Alex Wilson is also out for steroids and is blaming Jamaican meat.

Very cruel how they make the canoers stand in medal positions while the rest of the athletes do their runs. It's like the X Factor (rip) 6 chair challenge! :D

Looks like a possible medal for GB, currently in gold medal position with three left to compete (they were the best in the semis though). 🤞

Edit: the Brazilian fucked it and Mallory Franklin is guaranteed a medal! :senhit:

Guaranteed British medal in the canoeing. Leading with two competitors to go.

First ever Olympic medal for San Marino :ShockedSenhit:
tenor.gif

I see that Swiss sprinter Alex Wilson is also out for steroids and is blaming Jamaican meat.

He’s been an obvious doper for years. He also supposedly ran 9.84 European record and a sub 20 200m a couple of weeks ago! Faulty timing was blamed but he tried to claim it. He’s not run inside 10.3 otherwise this season :D

Something fishy has been going on in Switzerland* for a while- and all the coaches seem to be sharing duties between there and Netherlands, who are also suddenly really good and dodgy as fuck.

*- Except lovely Mujinga Kambundji who trains elsewhere.

Sam Kendricks is out of the pole vault after testing positive for Covid-19.

I think it’s for Duplantis to lose and a fight between Lavillenie and Nilsen for the other medals.

If I have correctly understood the scoring, I think Britain are guaranteed to get a medal in the sailing/windsurfing tomorrow. They are in second with just the medal race to go, four points behind first, two ahead of third and twenty-four ahead of fourth. I think that even a last place finish in the medal race with the current fourth place winning would only mean a difference of eighteen points, so a medal should be secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom